PDA

View Full Version : Why was I offered pregablin?

Sammy1988
18-08-14, 07:12
So I've been on pregablin for 5 days now original dose was 75mg once a day but it was far too much for me so switched to 25mg twice a day... Now from what I've heard pregablin is really hard to get as gps don't like prescribing it, now I've never tried ssris or antidepressants so I'm wondering as a first treatment how come I was the lucky one who didn't have to even ask for it lol ?

SarahH
18-08-14, 17:29
Because it is not hard to get and is for anxiety only... not depression.. and is now prescribed as a first line attack for anxiety sufferers. Good luck its a great med.

sarah

teej
18-08-14, 22:23
Pregabalin is only prescribed for anxiety as it's a CNS depressant, not an antidepressant.

I got it fairly easily in the UK but as usual I got the 1 in 100000000000 side effects. Joy.

Emphyrio
19-08-14, 15:07
Which side effect was that teej?

My experience with pregabalin was neutral. It didn't increase anxiety like SSRIs but it didn't improve it either - I was on just 150mg a day though. The only real side effect I had from it was really numb extremities - I didn't have any of the stoopids or even the euphoric feeling that others have reported whilst taking it.

I know I should have tried the higher dosages but I was worried in case it didn't work or made me worse - then I would have to taper off it with the possibility of protracted withdrawal (which I happen to be experiencing with SSRIs just now).