PDA

View Full Version : Peripheral neuropathy?

Wezzo
18-08-14, 09:22
Hi guys

I've been suffering with a selection of physical anxiety symptoms recently,, but this is a new one, and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts/reassurance.

I'm worried/anxious that I have peripheral neuropathy in my right foot. For several days that foot has felt .. well, strange. Definitely not numb, and not really pins-and-needles-y either. It's as if I've been sat on it a liiiittle too long, and it's getting close to that state.. but hasn't yet reached it (and never does)! I'm not sure if it's there all the time or only there when I think about it, as it's been playing on my mind so much! My other extremities are fine I think.

I'm 23 but obese and my dad has T2 diabetes so naturally my first thought is that I have it too. I don't have any other symptoms (no extra thirst/urination etc) but I'm scared regardless.

Fishmanpa
18-08-14, 12:21
I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and neck due to cancer treatments. It wouldn't just affect one foot and it's downright painful! Not just numbness or pins and needles (which I have) but downright stabbing pain. I have to take medication to quell the symptoms.

With a history of diabetes in your family, you should be checked by your doctor but at 23, I doubt that's the case. the best thing is preventative maintenance. Proper nutrition and exercise to reduce your weight would be beneficial in all aspects of your life.

Positive thoughts

Wezzo
18-08-14, 13:06
That's useful to hear. Thank you for your thoughts and speedy reply, and best wishes to you. :)