PDA

View Full Version : Therapy assessment later

LadyH
18-08-14, 10:48
Hi all!
I'm just about to start some therapy, and have a first meeting, assessment type thing later. Really looking forward to is & want to get myself on the road to recovery.

This being said, I am still so anxious about my leg. When I lift the leg out to the side, a big hole, flat space appears down the outside of the upper part of the thigh. it just totally dips in and becomes hollow. I think this is a new problem, it's scary, I don't like it. This is in the leg that's smaller, stiffer & less flexible.

At what point should I go back to the doctors? Have only seen GP once about this issue with the leg & that was two weeks ago- anyone got any advice on this?

Thanks & Hope everyone is having a good day so far
Hxx

LadyH
19-08-14, 10:11
I had a great appointment yesterday with a counselor/ coordinator at a great little place. It was really good to talk to someone.
She's recommended 3ish months of CBT to attack this initial problem- a sort of intervention. And then most likely some more in depth counselling, to get to the route of some deep seated issues it's obvious that I'm harboring.
It was a great session, I was very honest and open, even though that can be hard. I know it's going to be a bumpy road ahead and I will have to put work in, but she said how resilient and strong I seemed, which is half the battle to overcome these horrible things!!

Physically I am still so concerned about my leg, it still occupies my thoughts 24/7. This waste I feel I can see & touch in the outer thigh, the constant rumblings, aching and horrible feelings, buzzing, vibrating, shaking & bubbling. The fact that you know, I can't stand on that leg without wobbling, the fact I can't squat with that leg. That there's a massive freaking hole in my flat wasting muscle there.
But as you said, I saw a doctor 2 weeks ago, who said my exam was totally normal, and I must hang on to that, though it is hard and my urge to run to the doctor with these "new" symptoms is so overwhelming.

Hope you're having a good day
Hxx