PDA

View Full Version : Aqueous Cream - Do I wash it off? Do I trust it?

jellybeans
22-12-06, 11:55
I've just got back from the doctors today, I had to go for my hands which because of the cold are extremely red, scarred, cut and very painful. Yes handwashing doesnt help. I didnt tell her about my handwashing as I want to try my own plan of therapy.

She has given me this tub of Aqueous Cream BP 500mg to be used as a substiute to soap. I just have a few questions about it.

Most days Im watching my hands in 12x sets so e.g. Ill use the washing machine then wash my hands 12 times, then 2 hours later when I put the clothes in the dryer, I wash my hands 12 times etc etc.

With the fact that I will not be using soap can I trust this cream to get rid of any "bugs" on my hands?? even if I just apply once?

Also do I need to wash it off after I apply it? or is it like alcohol gel where you just leave it on??

Thanks!
Jellybeans

Piglet
22-12-06, 12:09
Jellybean,

I use aqueous cream as a facial cleanser after my sister recommended it to me - she has excema and this was recommended to her by her dermatologist.

I use it cos it's so cheap and really does the job of getting my makeup off without dehydrating my skin, so I should imagine it will help with any dryness issues you may have from washing your hands alot.

I have never tried leaving it on my skin as I think it's more of a soap replacement product but I expect others may have other uses for it.

Splendid stuff !!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

strawberrie
22-12-06, 12:20
hi jellybeans,

my daughter was prescribed aqueous cream for her exzema to be used as a moisturiser, so i just rubbed it into her skin and left it there.

i would think that if you are supposed to be using it instead of soap, then it would be best to wash with it like you would soap (i.e. wash it off afterwards) and then when your hands are dry apply it as a hand cream as well and leave it on.

well, that is what i would do anyway.

mag

Coni
22-12-06, 15:33
Hi,

I would say use it like soap, rinse it off and if you need it as a moisturiser afterwards then thats fine too.

Coni X

nic77
08-01-07, 20:46
use carex to wash you hands and then use the cream and use lots of it its great stuff i use it for after hand washing and after detergents

im not mad its everyone else

bb01234
09-01-07, 00:30
it's good stuff - remember that your skin is an organ and just like the rest of your body if you're down on the nutrients your body needs your skin, nails etc will show it.

Just thought I'd mention it - affects me so take it just in that way.

rgds

brian