PDA

View Full Version : sent into a fownward spin

Juggsy
18-08-14, 15:01
So rung the hospital today as last time I rung to find out about how long the wait is for my referral I was told it was sent as a routine appointment by my gp and it was with the consultant who was looking at it but if it came back as a routine it would be 26 weeks
So today I rung back and was told it's come back as urgent, which has scared me to death and brought all the feelings of dread and doom rushing back, I'm here alone now and don't know what to do......So upset and convinced myself of the worst case scenario... I'm devastated

Fishmanpa
18-08-14, 15:07
Do you think that perhaps due to your anxiety, your doctor classified it as urgent to get you in quicker so you wouldn't be worrying for 26 weeks?

Positive thoughts

Juggsy
18-08-14, 15:10
I doubt it as my go referee it as routine, it was after going through my tests and referral a seperate consultant deemed it urgent

Primula
23-08-14, 14:17
Hi Juggsy, just wondering how are things?

Juggsy
23-08-14, 15:16
Much the same, but thank you for asking, still waiting to see consultant, and lost a little more weight which under normal circumstances I'd be happy about, however it's making me panic a bit more now