PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests - have to wait a week - #annoying

Jonesle
18-08-14, 18:17
How annoying!
Went to my doctors (different from usual) to get a second opinion on a lump behind my ear. She said to do some blood tests n if everything is in order there's no need to worry. So I went to reception and they can't fit me in until NEXT Wednesday. Why couldn't they just squeeze some out there and then? Then another long wait after that for results. Like I haven't got enough health anxiety :(
Just wanted to vent really. Thanks :)
Xxx

Jonesle
29-08-14, 14:47
Just an update if anybody is reading - abnormal blood count? Need a repeat test in 3 weeks time :( receptionist booked me in. I have terrible health anxiety anyway so I'm quite upset :'(

swgrl09
29-08-14, 22:07
Did they say what part was abnormal?

Jonesle
30-08-14, 12:19
Noo she said a letter had been sent out. I was in such an upset I just made an appointment and hung up. Hopefully letter will outline what was wrong if not I'll ring up and ask. Just knowing something isn't right is enough to send me loopy. I've done minimal googling but because I don't know exactly what's wrong it's hard. Maybe a blessing in disguise? Xxx

mark henri
05-10-14, 10:36
I think you should test your blood as early as possible. Because, you are facing a lump behind your ear. I have not yet face such type of problems.