PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling with it/unreality feeling

Cmack
18-08-14, 20:18
This has been a lingering symptom of mine for a while now. It's like I'm constantly not with it and in a dream like state of being. Concentration is near impossible whilst I'm like this; which is all the time.

I should also mention that my depression has been pretty severe lately, so surely that doesn't help with the feelings of unreality.

Does anyone else experience this debilitating symptom regularly?

It literally feels like I'm losing it and I feel just plain retarded, which I'm not having obtained a Bacholars degree last year.

Help please!!!

lior
18-08-14, 20:47
Yes I totally feel this. You're not alone.

I feel like I must be crazy - I've gone off the rails. I don't feel myself. I feel stupid too sometimes - even though somehow people still keep employing me - I don't know what I say or do to make them do that.

I feel like this isn't really me. It can't be real. What is happening is so unfamiliar. I don't understand why I do the things I do. I don't understand why I've done the things I've done. I do understand sometimes, but it just doesn't seem like the things I would do normally, so it just can't be real - I must be dreaming, or in someone else's life. The things that have happened surely wouldn't happen to me. I can't accept the things that have happened.

That's why I think I don't feel like things are real for me.

Cmack
18-08-14, 21:12
Yes I totally feel this. You're not alone.

I feel like I must be crazy - I've gone off the rails. I don't feel myself. I feel stupid too sometimes - even though somehow people still keep employing me - I don't know what I say or do to make them do that.

I feel like this isn't really me. It can't be real. What is happening is so unfamiliar. I don't understand why I do the things I do. I don't understand why I've done the things I've done. I do understand sometimes, but it just doesn't seem like the things I would do normally, so it just can't be real - I must be dreaming, or in someone else's life. The things that have happened surely wouldn't happen to me. I can't accept the things that have happened.

That's why I think I don't feel like things are real for me.

Yep, I could've easily written exactly what just did. Sums it up perfectly; especially the questioning your actions part. I often think "wow, did I really just do and or say that?" It's horrible. I sometimes suddenly panic at the realisation of my own existence, as if life's just too much to comprehend. I overthink everything I do- even walking and talking. Nothing feels natural anymore. It's like I'm acting my way through life to just blend in with society, i.e. get a decent career, a nice girlfriend; to make sure I say the 'right' things to people. The worst part is the obsession with my sight. I swear it feels like I'm looking through someone else's eyes; although this can't possibly be the case.

Madness ayy? But I've been told countless times that mad people don't know they're mad or have thoughts that they might be mad.