PDA

View Full Version : worried are doctors missing something?

anx mum
19-08-14, 13:11
Really not coping at moment. For over a week had sharp pain in the back of my calf its been there pretty constantly. The last few days the pain has also been in the centre of my chest, my breathing feels like I haven't got enough air. Ive been to my doc again today shes telling me theres nothing serious to worry about. I find this so hard to believe as the pains are so real.

Serenity1990
19-08-14, 13:13
Worried doctors are missing something is probably the most basic symptom of health anxiety. :)

Dolphin8808
19-08-14, 13:15
My father had a PE and trust me, it was obvious. It was in his lung and he couldn't walk across the room without being completely out of breath, I mean totally. It was horrible. He had it 2 times and they had to break it up. You would know.... Its not a feeling of not enough air, its a feeling of not being able to breath at all.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Amen Serenity!!! That is exactly a symptom, not trusting the doc and worried they are missing something....

Brunette
20-08-14, 13:09
You have been posting about the same issues for several years now and your tests have come back clear every time.

Are you still not doing anything to address your HA? What does your doctor say?

anx mum
20-08-14, 13:39
Basically they have done a bloodtest which has come back clear. Since than my leg has become swollen, I asked my gp for an ultra sound to make sure and he refused:weep: feel so alone at mo

Brunette
20-08-14, 13:53
What I want to know is what the doctor has said about your health anxiety.

If you answer that question people here might be better placed to advise you.

anx mum
27-08-14, 17:23
Doctor just said chest pain is anxiety. And calf pain is sciatica. Don't know what to think now so confused:shrug:

nomorepanic
27-08-14, 17:38
Well that is good news then and now you can deal with it.

Why are you confused?

anx mum
27-08-14, 17:40
Hi Nicola just pains are so real in chest keep thinking ive got some awful deadly disease. gonna try and trust the doctor

Fishmanpa
27-08-14, 17:41
Doctor just said chest pain is anxiety. And calf pain is sciatica. Don't know what to think now so confused:shrug:

How about, as hard as it can be, just believing what the doctor said ;)
My wife has back issues. She was carrying around her computer and other stuff a couple of weeks ago and aggravated her back. She's in a lot of pain. The doctor said it's a combination of arthritis (she had two surgeries on her back) and sciatica. It hurts! And chest pain is one of the more common anxiety symptoms. Heck, I've had it due to stress and acid reflux.

Positive thoughts

anx mum
27-08-14, 17:50
Thank u fishmanpa what does your wife take for pain sciatica?

Fishmanpa
27-08-14, 18:03
Thank u fishmanpa what does your wife take for pain sciatica?

The doctor gave her a NSAID type pain reliever that's specifically targeted for inflammation due to arthritis. It takes a bit to build up in the system. So, if after a week there's no improvement, they'll refer her for a closer look. The doctor seems to think she just aggravated it. She was also told to start doing her back exercises once she's able to (the same ones she's done in the past after the surgeries).

Positive thoughts