PDA

View Full Version : A spike in anxiety….need a plan!!

IrishLondon
19-08-14, 21:38
Hello everyone,

I'm back in again - it seems my anxiety comes in cycles. And after a few months being relatively ok, i can definitely feel the anxiety increasing again.

I have several physical symptoms that are causing me a lot of stress and anxiety - tinnitus, sore jaw because i'm clenching it and a burning tongue. I also get prickly skin now and again and i'm having trouble sleeping.

I know these symptoms are all from anxiety. I'm currently on 50mg sertraline which seemed to really work the past few months. But i wonder how I can get over this rough patch without having to increase the dose.

Thanks so much for the support
Rob

MyNameIsTerry
20-08-14, 03:30
Hi Rob,

When are you clenching? Mine was all in my sleep and it lasted 6 months in varying degrees before it just went off.

There are exercises that my dentist gave me to use before I went to sleep to relax the muscles around my jaw. Have you had any?

What has started it off again? I have cycles but mine are a matter of weeks between and can have no trigger but it sounds more like you had control of it given it was months.

sophiethestar
20-08-14, 12:11
I'm exactly the same. I'll have a good few months, and then it comes back. When I'm anxious I also clench my jaw and I completely tense up, but I find having a 'fidget' helps like a stress ball or a Tangle. You can buy Tangles off Amazon, I'd highly recommed one. It gives all my anxious energy an outlet and I don't feel the need to tense up. Hope you feel better soon. :)