PDA

View Full Version : d.v.t and p.e worrys

anx mum
20-08-14, 11:08
I am really concerned been getting sharp pains in my calf for about 10 days the pain has been constant and kept me awake at night. Then 5 days ago ive now got a sharp pain in centre of chest. My first thought is a dvt/pe. Im worried sick as I have family history of clots. Had bloodtests about a week ago came back normal. Asked my doc for an ultrasound and he refused:weep:

nomorepanic
20-08-14, 11:56
Hi Bev

You have had these same worries since 2010 and nothing has ever come of it.

What have you been up to recently since you had a break from NMP?

Did you get some CBT therapy? What self-help have you been doing?

Try and remember how you overcome this before and I am sure you will do it again.

Cags48
20-08-14, 13:19
I've had a DVT and it comes on very quick excruciating pain swollen and very red and warm also causes blood pressure to shoot up I had to have heparin injections and stay in hospital , you would not have a DVT and wonder about it you would know .
Hope that puts your mind at rest a little,

anx mum
20-08-14, 13:42
Thank u both. ive been really well Nicola been working, learning to drive than 10 days ago had severe pain in my calf which now is in my calf and chest. Im really concerned something is happing

Rennie1989
20-08-14, 13:58
It's anxiety.

Calf pain from using different muscles than normal (i.e. learning to drive)
Chest pains because of anxiety.

tiredofthis14
26-08-14, 09:04
i too am currently petrified i have dvt i have no swelling no redness i have ongoig fears of dvt and pe too since being misdiagnosed one! i too have had scans blood tests ect but i always come back to believing i have one know how u feel x