PDA

View Full Version : help emet person here :(

pixietrixie
20-08-14, 19:31
Ok guys quick post am a worrier and in need of help.

Today at work this guy seemed fine and one of my colleagues was making tea now I'm not sure if he had two cups or one cup but if he had two cups it could mean he shared the cup I had.

Anyway I asked how hes day had been and it turned out last night he wasnt well he started being sick at 3 in the morning and stopped around 6 he thinks it's food poisning but what if it was norovirus?!!!! Help please gimme advice.

Thanks x

spuder
20-08-14, 20:15
Noroviruis don't end after 3 hours it goes on for 12 hours so don't think it was noro might be sum thing he ate

Dolphin8808
20-08-14, 20:19
Even if it was a virus, its not one to be worried about, its super common and cures itself within 1-3 days. Did he have a fever or just stomach upset?

nomorepanic
20-08-14, 20:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

pixietrixie
20-08-14, 21:24
Hey no I just have a massive phobia of this he ate at 10 and started being sick at 3 and stopped at 6 he said he just had a bad tummy he was up and about today

pixietrixie
20-08-14, 23:05
Yeah I just wanted to know what it's more likely to be? Any more info guys? Thank you so much for your help x

Sunflower2
20-08-14, 23:12
I want to post but I'd probably be counter productive as I'm a very much severe emetophobia sufferer. So my advice would probably not help you ultimately over come this. But I feel for you! I don't know how many times I've been in a similar panic and you just count down the hours until you're out of the 'danger zone'

Trying to think from a non emetophobic view, you'll most likely be fine as even if it was norovirus then he's got to have brushed his teeth before work at least? Therefore his mouth would have been cleaner.. Also, even if you did share mugs, there's a teeny tiny chance his germs got from the mug to your mouth as he wouldn't have been licking the whole thing right?
Relax, distract yourself and don't think about it! And in the future keep your own mug separate haha!

Now I'm going to try remember this next time I panic!

pixietrixie
20-08-14, 23:20
But it really doesn't last just 3 hours does it?