PDA

View Full Version : Will Ativan 1MG from January harm me?

Wintear
20-08-14, 22:06
Im considering taking either a tablet or half of one. I've been waking up all through the night with a pounding heart that leaves me scared out of my mind and wide awake for the rest of the day/night. Im also experiencing vivid nightmares pertaining to either my own death or somebody else's. Like last night, I awoke from a dream where I OD'd on this liquid stuff (don't know what it was for) and in this dream I felt my heart beating like 200-250bpm (that's impossible, right?) It was SO fast and hard and felt SO real. I literally thought I was dying!! Fire trucks and ambulances pulled up to the front of my house and then I woke up with a panic and my heart thumping out of my chest as usual.

This has been going on for almost two weeks. Im only getting 2-4 MAYBE 5 hours of rest each time and that's just me putting together broken sleep....

Im so restless and fatigued from all of this. I know for a fact this cannot be good for my overall health, either.

Do you guys think I should pop an Ativan an hour or so before bed tonight? I'm weary because my mind keeps saying not to do it because what if there's real danger involved and I stay asleep while my heart actually IS about to stop or something....
That and the last time I took an Ativan, I had bad anxiety the next day. It went through the roof for some reason. What do you guys think? I'm so far beyond desperate and worried right now...

Like I said, this is a constant thing. Every single night. Not just an "every now and then" ordeal :/

xBettyBoopx
21-08-14, 03:02
I went through a long bout of disturbing dreams on a regular basis and would wake up breathing heavy and heart racing, so I know what you're going through. And yes your heart can go that fast (200-250bpm) without fear of damage.

Did the doc give you ativan? If you've got it from 'another' source I wouldn't take it but if the doc gave it to you, try it! Medications usually have a 'use by' date on them. I think I remember you are in the US, so it could be different. If they are out of date then they won't harm you anyway but will not work as well. If I were you I would try a half and see how you get on. They shouldn't make you anxious the next day at all in fact rather calm. I take ativan/lorazepam at night, doesn't stop the nightmares sometimes:lac:

Els