PDA

View Full Version : Update and a Question about Headaches

Donovandine
20-08-14, 22:37
Hey guys!

So earlier I introduced myself and talked about the anxiety I was having over my heart. And yes it did turn out to be simply me being really anxious and needing to chill out.

I took a stress test and after waiting for thirty minutes for results the doctor anticlimactically peeks his head in " You're good!" and almost took off. Clearly he didn't realize how unbelievably relieved I was!

So with that out of the way I did want to ask about this:

Past couple of days I've been waking up with headaches which dissipate. This also happened the day of my stress test ( but not during the stress test). In fact right before I started the test my blood pressure was pretty good. 128 over 77. Now I've woken up with headaches before and thought nothing of them. But since I've become aware of my blood pressure ( and now taking lisinopril 20 mg) I'm wondering if there is any possible explanation behind this that -isn't- life threatening.

I intend on bringing this up with my doctor of course, however any non " OMG YOU'RE DYING" input would be very much appreciated!

Thanks again you guys!

Tanner40
20-08-14, 22:50
Donavandine, purely stress, anxiety and tension I'm sure. We hold so much stress in our shoulders, neck and scalp that tension headaches can become a normal pattern. Sounds as if your blood pressure and cardiac tests were great. Try sitting back and taking that in. What good news.

As for the headache, I find that a good massage always helps to dissipate that muscular tension that can lead to headaches. Good stretching exercises can help as well.

Leanne1977
20-08-14, 22:51
I wake up with headaches the can sometimes fade throughout the day and have always linked it with my anxiety but if your worried and want peace of mind talk to your doctor x

Donovandine
20-08-14, 22:59
Tanner: Thank you for replying!

I have a feeling that the headaches are moreso linked to my recovering from TMJ ( and possibly just sleeping funky) This particular topic became one of those "Don't ever go to google" with. I really appreciate the input!

Leanne: Thank you for replying as well!

Yeah these don't usually last terribly long with me, they just sort of there for a bit and then go away. If it persists or gets worse I'll contact my doctor about it.

Thank you all very much!

haleigh
20-08-14, 23:33
I've been getting this awful headaches also. As well as pain my neck and shoulders. I'm guessing its all related to the stress and anxiety I've been dealing with. Whenever I get really stressed I feel it in my shoulders. I'm just trying to figure out how to relieve it. I hate headaches :weep: