PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Night Before Diazepam

Jenjenz
21-08-14, 02:37
Hi everyone!

Sorry if this has been posted before but can't find the search function as I'm using my iphone! I'm currently on holiday and planning on taking 2mg, possibly 4mg of diazepam for the flight home. The people I'm with want to go out drinking on our last night, I won't drink loads as I'll be anxious enough without hangover anxiety! But don't want to not drink at all and people ask questions!

If I have a few glasses of wine and stop about 12, will this interact with the diazepam the next day? I'll be taking it at 11am.

Thanks so much in advance :-)

Lasersit
22-08-14, 04:44
I was just asking this somewhere else, but asking if I can drink at a wedding 2 days(over 50 hours) after just one 5mg dose. It seems the alcohol interaction with benzo is the sedation period or how long the valium is working.

I'm no doctor but it seems from what sites have said is the "alcohol/valium drinking hours" question is not to mix alcohol when the valium is still in you sedating you. Some say they feel effects for 6-8 hours, some 12-14. Not sure your 11 hours is long enough though.

I'm still trying to find out if drinking 50 hours later after a one dose of 5mg is OK. Seems so, from what I read.

stemac1982
25-08-14, 09:35
Ive always felt fine drinking the next day after taking them and even drinking 7 or 8 hours after taking them

snowflake293
22-12-14, 16:40
I took 2mg at 10:30am yesterday and at about 6pm thought I would be ok to drink so had a pint and a half of cider. By 8:30pm I was passed out asleep and felt so groggy and horrible. Never again will I risk it.

I think the best advice is to go by the recommendation that you don't mix the two. I do appreciate everyone is different though.

I am trying not to have any diazepam 'til after Christmas now as I would like to be able to enjoy a couple of drinks with my family. It is really tough when you have social things going on.

xx