PDA

View Full Version : Anyone freaking about Ebola??

misslove
21-08-14, 04:23
just trying to get opinions. hear so many things about it idk what to take as true. really trying to not freak out about it!

Brunette
21-08-14, 08:31
All you need to know its that you have to be in contact with the bodily fluids of someone suffering from the disease in order to have a chance of catching it.

Therefore the chance of you catching it are millions to one. You are more likely to be run over by a car but I'm pretty sure you don't spend much time stressing about that do you?

Of course you don't. So stop worrying.

misslove
21-08-14, 15:53
Just seems like there is informations missing. If its that hard to catch how do so many people have it? Its not everyday im trading bodily fluids with strangers.

Brunette
21-08-14, 16:35
Not many people do actually have it in the grand sceme of things - it's still only a few hundred in a population of millions.

Those people will have caught it from their own relatives or because they have been involved in preparing the body for burial - remember people in some countries don't have access to the sort of medical and funeral services that we do in the west.

Others are doctors and nurses who have caught it through looking after the sick.

Anyway, this should help you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28885753

misslove
21-08-14, 20:03
Makes sense i guess, i guess ill just try to stop myself next time i want to play in a strangers poo lol.

Blagger Boy
21-08-14, 22:50
Just another media scare.

Blagger Boy
21-08-14, 22:54
Aye, next time we'll probably have the great plague of London come back or sumat!

Then again i ain't too fond of the capital... ;)

Blagger Boy
21-08-14, 23:08
Honestly, am reading about it all now and there's nowt to it.

My farts are probably more lethal right now!

swgrl09
21-08-14, 23:43
Not really, and this coming from somebody in a really bad HA blip right now. The two Americans both recovered as well.

ZenPit
31-08-14, 23:02
If you have Android go to the Play market and look up Plague Inc. it is a game where you simulate the creation of a virus and release it "into the wild" with the ultimate goal of wiping out the population of Earth.

Needless to say the fact that Ebola has spread further out of its original location has me concerned.

misslove
01-10-14, 02:54
Anyone worried now that it's been found in thr US?