PDA

View Full Version : fear of suffocating/polyp/or something worse?!?pls help!

majdle
21-08-14, 12:46
Hi everyone,
So after like a panic-free year, here we go again.
After a common cold and laryngitis about 6 weeks ago, I have this cough, which is slowly getting better, though. But I have a feeling of a foreign body in the throat. Today, as I got on the train to return from my holidays, I suddenly felt this weir suffocating feeling, as if there was something stuck in my throat obstructing the airways. It lasted maybe 5 seconds, but it sent me straight into a soaring panic attack. And oops, I googled again and read that if you have e.g.a polyp (or smthg worse) in the throat, you might actually suffocate. So now I am scared s.itless and don't know how I'm gonna survive this 2-day journey, which is just me and my dog. My soon to be husband is travelling at the moment and I am just soo scared that I might suffocate or that I will get it checked and it will be the c-word (think of Michael Douglas!). And then there are those scary cover stories about happy soon-to-be-brides getting some serious disaeses just before the wedding. And heck, I am getting married in 20 days. And now-instead of happy wedding jitters-here comes the anx soaring high. Please, any reassurance anyone? Thanks a lot. :)

RoseEve
22-08-14, 18:12
Sounds like globus common with anxiety. Or a panic attack