PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help with agoraphobia??

cookieb
21-08-14, 13:11
Hi guys....when my anxiety is bad I get agoraphobia...by the time I've realised I havrnt been out the house 3 weeks....

My husband planned to take the kids away on Monday night and I'm really scared now scared of going and scared of letting people down.....

I keep telling myself to just go out for a walk during the day bit then don't end up going out....

Can anyone please help or any tips on how to make it easier xxx

nomorepanic
21-08-14, 14:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

dally
21-08-14, 17:39
The only suggestion I can make is,
If in 24 hours you have ANY minutes of feeling ok, put your coat on and go for a walk.
Put the bin out,
Potter about in the garden..doing slow deep breaths.
Dehead flowers or pull weeds.
Try walking from your front door to your back
Walk to the end of your street.
Take a blank envelope to the nearest post box to post Lol
Just grab your coat when you're having a good few moments

cookieb
21-08-14, 21:35
Thanks hun....really going to try....makes it worse I'm having withdrawal symptoms from mirt that I'm not fully over....xxx

Seamus Ireland
14-09-14, 02:07
Hi Cookieb,

You said when your Anxiety is bad you experience severe Agrophobia. Do you know what thoughts cause you to have feelings of anxiety? if you where to control the thoughts that cause you to feel anxious then your Agrophobia would be easier to control. Ask your GP to refer you to a CBT Therapist or a similar type of therapy and you'll be able to start enjoying life once again.

flossie
16-09-14, 06:57
Come and join us on the agoraphobia thread. We are all at different stages of our recovery but really understand how difficult moving forward can be.

cookieb
17-09-14, 19:19
Hi guys....I don't know what causes/caused my anxiety tried cbt but I dontvthink it did that much.....I'm doing the school run now bit that's all I go out for xxx