PDA

View Full Version : CBT advice please

Fj2014
22-08-14, 15:05
Hey guys,

I'm just looking for some advice on the best CBT course to take and how to approach it..

I have downloaded the CBT4PANIC from here and it is good but not sure all of it applies to me - I have read that some HA sufferers just focus on obsessional thoughts and mindfulness - has this helped?

I have also got a link to CBT specifically for HA but I kind of felt really intimidated by this as it made my symptoms more scary - is that anything you've experienced?

I'm thinking of starting with obsessional thoughts and mindfulness and moving onto CBT for HA - any tips or advice?!

Would be much appreciated.

Thank you xx :)

Sunflower2
22-08-14, 15:20
I've used moodgym, my therapist recommended that for me and it's good for looking at why your thoughts aren't real and coming up with new ways of thinking.

nomorepanic
22-08-14, 15:22
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Tanner40
22-08-14, 19:19
Hi FJ, hope that your day is going well.

I have used both CBT4PANIC and MoodGym. They both are extremely good and are well organized programs. I have used MoodGym more often and when I work it on a daily basis (30 minutes per day), it really helps me to put my irrational thoughts and fears into perspective.

I found that it's helpful to begin at the beginning, as it gives you a good understanding of what you do that helps to create anxiety and panic attacks. Then it moves on to helping you put "the lie" to your irrational thoughts.

I think that it's helpful to become good at that prior to taking on the end of the course. Hope that helps. It's just what worked best for me.