PDA

View Full Version : Hi there I'm a new member

Under~The~Stars
22-12-06, 21:28
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and just wanted to say that I'm really glad people have taken the time to arrange a website like this. I felt so alone and thought no-one would understand, but I'm sure everyone here will :) Feel free to leave me a message and I'll get back to you. Would be good to hear from people who are similar to me i.e. who suffer from panic attacks, anxiety and depression. It totally takes over your life. Take care all x

trac67
22-12-06, 21:43
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

skye338
22-12-06, 21:56
Hiya
Welcome aboard...lots of lovely understanding people here.
Jx

Accept the things you cannot change and have courage to change the things you can.

Under~The~Stars
22-12-06, 22:00
Hey thanks, just trying to get used to how this whole thing works, a bit confused :D I'm sure I'll get the hang of it :D

nomorepanic
22-12-06, 22:10
Hi Louise

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Have a read of these and see if they help...

How to Use this Message Forum (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2265)

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

manmoor
22-12-06, 22:12
Hi Louise,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

jill
22-12-06, 23:11
Hi Louise

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

You have come to the right place, people here understand what you are going though, they will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...

yorkylover
22-12-06, 23:59
welcome louise.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ellen XX

Under~The~Stars
23-12-06, 00:32
Thanks everyone who has taken the time to read my little comment. Know it didn't go into much detail. Basically I've been suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and depression for about a year and a half now. I'm only 19 but feel as if it's ruined my life. Don't feel like a normal 19 year old and can't tell my friends about any of it as don't feel they would understand. I've had to leave college twice because of it, can't get a job, hate being left alone incase something happens to me, can't get on a bus, made myself ill due to worrying. The list is neverending......... Would really love to hear from people who are experiencing the same difficulties as me. Feel free to send me a message anytime and i'll get back to you. Take care x

Lynnann
23-12-06, 16:04
Hi Louise,

Welcome to the forum, you are not alone, a lot of us are unable to do the things that we used to be able to do and we understand your frustration.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

mooks
24-12-06, 00:10
hi there
yes it can take over your life..all of us on here can relate...its finding the way to cure ourselves that gets us all on here...lots of love x

keepemlaughing
27-12-06, 03:13
Hi Louise! Isn't this site absolutely wonderful?? I was so happy when I stumbled upon it. The people here are angels. The support and advice is priceless. I too suffer from anxiety and depression. I would get good jobs and the anxiety and depression would completly take over my life forcing me to quit. I had a four year gap in between my last job and the one I have now. I just could not face "normalcy" as I would far from normal (what ever that is, I wasn't it). I turned to alcohol and drugs for comfort as many of the people who did them suffered unknowingly from anxiety themselves. They were my way to "fit in". Eventually they took over and I was worse off than ever before. I have been clean for two years minus a one day episode where I relapsed. I am getting stronger by the day. I just celebrated my first year on the new job and believe it or not I almost feel normal. No, that isn't true....I still have many of the anxiety and depression issues I did before, I am just learning to handle them differently. It has taken meds and changes of meds but I feel that I am doing ok now. Please feel free to send me a message anytime. I would love to chat with you. Have a Happy New Year!!![:O][Yeah!]

Sheryl

Why stay in prison when the door is wide open?

jo61
27-12-06, 11:16
Hi Louise, welcome aboard. I've been a member for about 6 weeks and have had lots of support.

Love Jo x

sandlin
27-12-06, 12:03
Hi Louise

Welcome to the site- its a great place to meet people and get loads of good advice

Linda xx

EmmaJane
27-12-06, 14:29
Hi Louise,
Welcome to the site, hope you find the help you need. It helped me to know people were there.

broadband.cyphus.com, switchboard.cyphus.com
There are many ways to stay in touch.

Keep focused, keep positive. Emma x

matt1981
28-12-06, 12:54
hey Louise welcome! I have been like that for about a year and I can tell you it does get better we're all very supportive on here and we will try and help you :)

take care, smile and be positive :)

matt xx