PDA

View Full Version : Totally Crippling Anxiety

BikerMatt
22-08-14, 21:38
Was just wondering how many people suffer with crippling anxiety. I live with anxiety everyday but I seem to go through phases when it's so crippling I just can't function at all.

Leanne1977
22-08-14, 21:44
Hi I have good days and bad days but it's been a tough week for some reason , what are your symptoms of anxiety if u don't mind me asking x

BikerMatt
22-08-14, 21:52
Hi I have good days and bad days but it's been a tough week for some reason , what are your symptoms of anxiety if u don't mind me asking x

Thumping heart, churning stomach are by far my worst two but I get the lot. How about you Leanne.

Leanne1977
22-08-14, 21:56
Yeah I get all the typical symptoms too I think my worst are headaches and the off balance feeling having anxiety sucks big time !!!! X

aprilmoon
22-08-14, 22:00
I've been like that,really bad,but thankfully meds have helped me deal with it.
Have you tried any sort of med?

BikerMatt
22-08-14, 22:39
Yeah I get all the typical symptoms too I think my worst are headaches and the off balance feeling having anxiety sucks big time !!!! X

Yep:mad:

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Yes I have been on seroxat since 2006 which I have been decreasing over the last 4 months whilst adding mirtazapine.

trish1955
23-08-14, 11:55

Wat meds you on Aprilx

aprilmoon
23-08-14, 13:20
Hi Trish
I'm on three different ones.
I take venlafaxine in the morning,and mirtazapine with a small add on of Olanzapine at night.
Its the Olanzapine that's made all the difference to me.
Its actually an anti psychotic, but in very small amounts its good for anxiety.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Yep:mad:

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Yes I have been on seroxat since 2006 which I have been decreasing over the last 4 months whilst adding mirtazapine.

I didn't find mirtazapine helped me at all with anxiety, it did with depression though.
I'm slowly reducing mine,but continuing with the Olanzapine.