PDA

View Full Version : Head worries. Help!

Natalie x
23-08-14, 01:16
Hi. I've not posted in a long time. Seems i had my anxiety under control but recently i seem to have taken a dip.

I work as a secretary and today i was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I got a sharp pain at the right hand side of my head. It was also sensitive to touch that side. Instantly oobviously I started to panic and think of all the what-if's. I also am supposed to wear my glasses at work but am guilty of not doing so and sometimes subconsciously I am screwing that side of my face and head up.

I put my glasses on and tried to let it pass which it did but niggles came back again in the afternoon. I then got up and felt a bit dizzy and weak which led to more panic. I then got a horrible head rush as if all the blood was flowing to my head and I felt shaky and anxious. I also felt a bit sick and still do.

I'm constantly worrying about this stuff and I go on holiday on Wednesday and really ddon'twant to have this on my conscious.

Can anyone offer some encouraging words or has anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks
Natalie x

Carnation
23-08-14, 01:21
Yes, Natalie, I have had this and was told it was tension and stress. Phone your Surgery if you want to get an opinion on the symptoms, a Doctor can call you and speak over the phone. I have had exactly what you have got and it turned out to Anxiety.

Natalie x
23-08-14, 01:37
Thank you for your reply carnation. I'm hoping that's what it is and am just trying to distract myself!

Loubylou1982
23-08-14, 01:52
Sounds like tension and then you had a panic attack from stressing about it. Go should put your mind at rest

Natalie x
23-08-14, 18:32
Thank you Lou. I'm hoping that's the case! I'm still feeling a bit sicky but that could be something unrelated x

Loubylou1982
23-08-14, 23:17
Natalie
When I worked in an office I would get headaches a lot from reading and squinting at the computer. I didn't realise I needed glasses. It got much better when I got glasses. I used to get sick with the headaches too.
Maybe you are feeling sick from worrying about it?