PDA

View Full Version : Residual Anxiety?

Donovandine
23-08-14, 06:19
So I've posted before on this forum and received a lot of helpful replies and maybe you guys can help me out still.

So my panic attacks over my health started a little over a month ago and now that I've had several ekg's many blood tests and and even a stress test, all of which I've passed with flying colors.

So I'm curious to ask a couple questions.

One is, is it possible to have panic attacks after that? Even after having a fairly conclusive scan of your health knowing that you're really just fine?

And additionally, and this is just an add on. Is it abnormal for your heart rate to fluctuate with your breathing? ( especially during a panic attack? Like a little quicker ( yet steady) as you breath in and then a little slower when breathing out ?

I'm honestly curious and any help would be awesome.

Thank you guys again for being so helpful.

anthrokid
23-08-14, 06:42
Yes, it is possible to have panic attacks even with a 100% guarantee that your health is good, especially if you still have some anxiety despite good results. And no, it isn't abnormal for your heart rate to fluctuate during a panic attack. Your heart rate naturally fluctuates throughout the day depending on time, exercise, sleep, eating, etc. During a panic attack your body has a surge of adrenalin which can result in rapid breathing, increased heart rate, etc. When breathing becomes quite rapid it can cause your heart to beat faster. It may actually not be going faster/slower as you breathe in/out, but it might feel that way. Breathing slower and deeper (e.g. breathe in for 5 seconds - pause - breathe out for 5 seconds) should help calm you down a bit and slow your heart during a panic attack.

Donovandine
23-08-14, 06:58
anthrokid Thank you for replying!

I really appreciate your input man! I'm trying to get better about breathing but I guess at times I let my panic get the better of me. I'm learning to fight these even better but they still seem to pop up - pesky little things -

And it's also good to get some straight info about the heart. A lot of what's had me relaxed is just the helpful information that I'm fine! But you know I guess it hasn't completely left me.

Again thank you very much!