PDA

View Full Version : Head/face/jaw/neck ache?

Anonybrit
23-08-14, 10:36
For the past 7+ days I've had on and off, but without fail every day, aches in my neck, shoulders, jaw, temples and forehead.

Because I also have brain fog it's making me paranoid about a brain tumour...

Anyone else have this and any wisdom to share?

Leanne1977
23-08-14, 11:03
I get this all the time I was told off my gp it was migraine then they said it was anxiety making them worse I thought it was my wisdom teeth because of pain in my jaw but I've come to accept it's my anxiety x

trish1955
23-08-14, 12:07
I get this to very often I say to my hubby omg I have face ache lol do you find the more you you aware of itthe worse it feels a ttherapist once told me if I got jaw ache to press your lips together tight count to ten and release you can feel it real ease the tension. I ave to do this a bloody lot xx

Anonybrit
23-08-14, 14:01
Definitely not a migraine.. Has none of the symptoms of a migraine and if you had migraines 7 days in a row there's be something very wrong.

I am assuming it's stress related tension headache and teeth clenching because that's how it feels, but I've never had it so bad that even my teeth and temples and cheekbones hurt, and to have it practically every day at some point!

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

I get this to very often I say to my hubby omg I have face ache lol do you find the more you you aware of itthe worse it feels a ttherapist once told me if I got jaw ache to press your lips together tight count to ten and release you can feel it real ease the tension. I ave to do this a bloody lot xx

Yeah I think so! Especially at night, the more I think about it the worse it gets and I can't sleep!

It's like my whole head is in a vice from my neck to my forehead :/

That lip trick actually works quite well for the jaw pain!

Carnation
24-08-14, 00:37
Hello again Anonybrit.
These are also symptoms caused by the Anxiety. The jaw ache can be relieved by a simple massage that you can do your self. (This is on youtube). You basically use your fingertips lightly starting at the jaw line pressing gently working your way up to your cheekbones and then come back to the jawline again. You might even find yourself yawing as you do this. The problem comes from the tension built up with being tensed and you may even be gritting your teeth and not even realizing you are doing it.ome people grit their teeth during their sleep.
The neck and shoulders are also due to tension and you need to let those shoulders drop and not keep them up round your neck. You would be surprised how many people do not realize they are walking around with hunched shoulders.
You can do a self massage for this as well. It involves scrunching up and down and when you find a sore bit to press lightly for a few seconds and you will feel the difference.
Hate to say it again, but the temples and head is also tension. This is a harder one to get rid of, but can also be related to the neck and shoulders, so if you can get those relaxed and the muscles unknotted, it will help the head.
It sound like all your Anxiety is starting come out of you physically now, although it might not seem nice, you are going through a process where your body is getting rid of the built up tension and stress that you have been carrying around with you.