PDA

View Full Version : North Wiltshire

Nervous
23-08-14, 12:58
Hi

I live in Calne, north Wiltshire. Although I have lived here for a year I am struggling to meet like minded people and my social anxiety affects this even more. I have been having a tough time recently and wonder if anyone is in the area?

Hopefully someone will respond

Poppy555
24-08-14, 08:16
Hi. I live not too far away and wondered what age group you were?

Nervous
24-08-14, 09:17
Hi Poppy555

Thanks for your reply. I am in my mid thirties. I'm quite a laid back person (although recently quite nervous) and I live with my partner and our crazy dog. I work in Chippenham for the NHS. What about you?

Poppy555
24-08-14, 11:48
Hi Nervous.
I am in my early 50s and work for the emergency services in an admin role. I am normally pretty confident and outgoing (on the surface) but since the menopause have struggled with normally fairly mild anxiety / nerves but due to going through a particularly stressful time at the moment the panicky feelings have reared their ugly head ! It is a subject that I find difficult to talk about as it feels like a weakness hence my going onto this forum, something I havent ever done before. It is comforting to feel there are others going through it but it isnt quite the same as talking in person so I do understand how you feel.

Nervous
24-08-14, 12:41
Hi again

I know all about the panicky feelings. I have been off work for 4 weeks now and thought I had been doing quite well with recovery. Over the last couple of days however I am struggling to know what to do with myself. I have this feeling of dread but I don't know what I'm frightened of. I was supposed to go back to work on Monday but this is not happening now. I spoke to my boss last week and will have another 2 weeks off (and then annual leave) before returning to work. I feel terrible about the increased work load others will have but I know I'm just not ready. I am so frightened as to how people will react to me considering how insular and stressed I was prior to leaving. My reasons for this are very valid (my mum passed away 2 years ago after a long and hard battle with MS and I have had 4 unexplained miscarriages in the last year) yet it seems others feel I should just get over it.

I really hope that others in the area will respond to this thread as meeting with a mixture of people who have experienced these feelings could be very beneficial....although the thought of this is also quite scary. :unsure:

Where do you live? You said you were close to Calne.

Nervous
24-08-14, 17:57
Thanks for the private message poppy555. I have replied.

To anyone else in the area, if you fancy a chat it can really help so please do come forward. There are people who care and understand. :sofa:

anneyauster
02-09-14, 12:55
Sever nervousness tends to depression....so try to solve out the things.