PDA

View Full Version : Heart issue .....I think??

Purdybird
16-08-04, 09:07
Does anybody else experience weird heart sensation that they can feel in their throat?? I can't describe it as it seems to happen so quickly, but does this sound familiar to anybody else? It's the one and only symptom that worries the hell out of me and that I have a particular problem with explaining.
I never experienced this before my panic attack ( in April ). I've had an ECG, but I am so looking for reassurance that I'm not the only one who gets this strange sensation.

Thanks guys you are all so kind

Purdy x

jo-jo
16-08-04, 11:32
Hiya Purdy

Yes, I get that feeling too. Its an odd one to describe but it feels like you can feel your heart too high up, and its almost a tickly sensation but very unpleasant so I can understand why you're scared. But try not to worry too much, anxiety and panic manifest themselves in some seriously weird ways and I think this one is quite common.

Take care
Lots of love Jo xxx

sal
16-08-04, 11:43
Hi Purdy

Yeah i get that too. It is quite common for us anxiety/panic attacks suffers. Just another part of it to add to the list!!

Hope you feel some reassurance knowing it isnt just you and not your heart playing up.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

Purdybird
16-08-04, 11:45
Oh thanks so much for your prompt replies. Every time I feel it in my throat, I think I've got a heart problem, I immediately convince myself that I'm short of breath and that I feel dizzy. I know it's because I've read that these are the symptoms of heart failure, atrial fibrillation ( or whatever it's called ) etc and it's this one symptom that I'm trying really hard to play down and ignore.

Before all of this started, It would never have crossed my mind in my wildest dreams that I may have a heart problem. It’s amazing what we start worrying about once we start!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, it's very reassuring.

Thank you

Meg
16-08-04, 17:08
Its very common indeed.

Its just an extra heart beat...

No worries .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Purdybird
17-08-04, 10:32
Thanks Meg…..

And I'm sorry to keep going on…….but is it anxiety that causes these extra beats, perhaps adrenaline or something. Does worrying about them make them worse then??. As I have said before I never had this sensation before this anxiety thing kicked off in April. I presume that if I really had a heart problem the ECG would have picked it up, but then again that was in April and this sensation only started afterwards. Why can I feel them in my throat, I've read lots of peoples comments about thuds in their chests etc but not many about strange throat feelings?

I apologise for being such a bore but it really helps me if I understand what causes them.

Thankyou

Purdy x

angie3077
17-08-04, 14:21
Hi Purdy,

I have exactley the same. What you are experiencing is an ectopic heartbeat, which just means a missed extra heartbeat.
I know it is very alarming, I have been getting them again today, which means I am absoloutley shi**ing myself as it has been a while and I was secretly hoping they had gone for good!:(
Anyway I have had numerous ECG's. blood tests and a 24 hour holter monitor of which all came back and confirmed that my missed beats were ectopic heartbeats and that there was no underlying problems.
This does not stop you from worrying about them though as I have said before, this is our hearts, one of our main organs and its doing something weird!........thats not easy to come to terms with is it!
I just wanted to say that I also get the thud in the throat which always makes me feel the overwhelming need to cough straight afterwards....do you get this? I think its just a reflex or something?
Anyway certain things can make them occur more frequent such as alcohol, smoking ciggarettes, caffiene and of course stress![Sigh...]
Perhaps trying to cut out some of the above....though very hard might just help?
Hope that helped a little, and no you are definately NOT ALONE!!!!!:)
Angie
x