PDA

View Full Version : Scared blood cancer. Cbc results

Noflexzone
24-08-14, 18:57
I had a CBC done last month at my request as I am a hypochondriac and suffer from anxiety, I was suspecting I had leukemia. I am 19 mostly black and Hispanic , they performed the CBC and said the no news is good news policy and if everything was okie get a postcard I'm the mail In a few days, well I called after day 2 and the lab told me my results just came in and everything is fine. When I received the postcard it only posted my hemoglobin, liver function, and thyroid , below is the reports that I know of, I have and appointment next week only to see how the anxiety meds are doing.
Hemoglobin 13.9 >12
WBC 3.3 >4.0 LOW
I am really convinced I have leukemia now, because of my WBC but my dr isn't at all concerned? I would like to know WHAT is performed in a CBC and HOW do they "somewhat" rule out leukemia....as I know nothing is 100 percent , thanks guys. Btw I was having terrible bouts of weakness, not wanting food, etc. dr isn't concerned at all..

Fishmanpa
24-08-14, 19:07
Your doctor isn't concerned because there's nothing to be concerned about. Test results are "averaged" over thousands and thousands of results. To have a reading that is "VERY slightly" above or below the average is nothing to be concerned with. If there was a red flag, you would have been referred for further testing.

Before a case of the "Yeah But's" kicks in, read this again and realize that you have anxiety and suffer from HA so it's very common to doubt medical science despite it being perfectly right ;)

Positive thoughts

Noflexzone
25-08-14, 02:34
So would it be wise to start my club football season next week? Like u know u guys aren't doctors but is it pretty certain I don't have blood cancer I mean what do they look at in a cbc to know? What if my bloods were decreasing when they did that cbc

RoseEve
25-08-14, 03:35
Do you think your doctor would let you walk around with blood cancer? No way! The best thing to do is call the office and ask the doctor to go over your results. This is just to give you peace of mind.

Noflexzone
25-08-14, 03:50
I have an appointment Thursday to change a medication I'm on "xanax" I'll ask then hopefully they don't have any bad news for me...