PDA

View Full Version : Ebola

Costlypluto
24-08-14, 19:06
I heard that UK should be alerted and scared at Ebola and I'm freaking out I've already done a page on this.

But it hasn't got better only WORSE WHAT IF WE GET INFECTED!

On the bright side no one in the UK at the moment is infected for all we know right now only one who got cured but he is cured RIGHT? I'm so scared please tell me it's not all doom or gloom.

(I can't upload a link as I've only done 6 posts but anyway) I did my last one on the 6-8-14.

Deanosbeano
24-08-14, 19:50
Glad your post ended with a bright note , the very word Ebola set my thoughts racing :)

Sunflower2
24-08-14, 20:43
Ebola is actually much less contagious than the media is making out. The reason Africa is being hit so bad with it is because there is a lack of basic hygiene and it's contracted by mixing body fluids. A lot people there won't understand how it's contracted and while they are taking care of the sick they will be touching infected patients.
The guy that was American who got it, the virus didn't spread at all because he was contained and everyone was very careful about everything. It's really nothing to be worried about at all! We have high enough hygiene standards and procedures in place in Britain that it is very very highly unlikely it could become an epidemic as in Africa. And if you're STILL worried, if in doubt wash your hands, don't touch your face and wash before eating. Then you're sorted!

Costlypluto
24-08-14, 21:03
I do wash my hands all the time and my friends think I'm weird about how concerned about hygiene and it scared me because they don't wash their hands sometimes and being around them is going to start scaring me a tad bit maybe a lot if Ebola continues...

Sunflower2
24-08-14, 22:46
Oh I know I'm the same, I am just so aware of germs and when people don't wash their hands I don't understand how they don't see what I see. My friends also think I'm very odd but they're used to it now haha. But if there was a threat I'm sure everyone would up their hygiene also if their lives were at risk!

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-14, 03:04
I agree with Kimberley. The media love these stories because they can run wild with situations from the developing nations that just don't affect us in the same way.

Ebola is just one of the things you here about more because it is classed as deadly and portayed as a disease that kills all in films but if you read about it, you would see that it is treatable, it had a higher chance of death than many other diseases.

So, don't read newspapers and whilst it's not a good idea to use the internet if you suffer from such as HA, only use reputable websites such as medical ones where the view is based on science and not sales.

Do you have an underlying OCD condition regarding contamination that has been sparked by Ebola?

Kaiserin
03-09-14, 20:12
I worry a little myself here in Finland, but I figure if it happens, it happens. I am doing what I can to prevent it on my end. :D

Brunette
04-09-14, 08:19
The only British person to be infected left hospital the day before yesterday.

And yes, cured means cured, it's like flu - once it's gone it's gone.