PDA

View Full Version : lymphoma scare

angsty1992
25-08-14, 01:10
I have found several pea sized lymph nodes on my jaw line. They feel a little hard, but still move around when I play with them. Also a couple along my groin. I am a very skinny 22 year old guy. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a panic feeling, drenched in sweat. Of course I did the normal stupid thing to do, and started googling about it. LYMPHOMA. NIGHT SWEATS, HARD LYMPH NODES. I'm freaking out dudes :( I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm scared to death. I'm terrified they will find something...and I'm terrified they will miss something. Please has anyone had these two in common?

mm36
25-08-14, 01:19
Some lymph nodes you can feel all the time. They feel how you describe, small, firm and movable. If you know for sure these lymph nodes are new (they may have always been there and you only now looked for them because you are scared?), they can be from something as simple as a cold or allergies. Night sweats could be caused by the anxiety you are feeling about your lymph nodes. Your doctor will be able to tell you for sure, but it is very unlikely something is seriously wrong. :)