PDA

View Full Version : pnic as just been stung by a wasp

trish1955
25-08-14, 09:51
I am in a panic thinking wat if I have reaction to it I went to me my sons bed and it stung my finger and the more I look at I keep thinking oh my god there is a redline from the sting I am thinking the poison traveling going to go up my arm I no I am being over anxious it don't take much to set me off xx

Catherine S
25-08-14, 10:07
Hi Trish, I react quite badly to bites and stings and if i'd have been stung like you, within seconds my finger would be four times its normal size, extremely painful and a foul looking blister would develop within about an hour. The skin changes colour looking as if its badly bruised and starts to peel off withing a few days. But for all of that, the poison never goes much further than the site of the bite...it would probably make my whole hand swell up but that's all, it doesn't spread beyond that and it doesn't get into my blood stream and spread around my body. Wasp and bee stings that cause the body to go into the shock you're probably thinking about is very rare, but I know alot of people do worry about this.

ISB x

trish1955
25-08-14, 10:27
Thanks isb I feel a little calmer now its hard though wen you can feel it lol xxx

Catherine S
25-08-14, 10:48
I know, it flippin hurts doesn't it :mad: :D

trish1955
25-08-14, 11:11
Yeah I think I was more afraid of allergic reaction or something I will pm you xx

MyNameIsTerry
26-08-14, 03:59
Yeah, I agree with IBS. If you were allergic to them, you would know about it very quickly and be heading off the A&E just like someone who is allergic to nuts, hence why they give them those quick acting pens.

They are annoying little blighters!

Like it says on channel Dave between programmes "Wasps, why?".

trish1955
26-08-14, 10:30
Thanks guys XXX