PDA

View Full Version : Nervousness and Dependancy and Norm Pulse

looking4answers
23-12-06, 01:42
I have been feeling anxious for the last two days..just a real nervousness...But my pulse really isnt racing when Im feeling it.We live in a very rural place and have a nurse that lives close by that are good friends..I guess I have come to like the fact that she is close by or I can call and ask her if I get a little panic...I haven't yet but knowing she is close by and I could makes me feel better.I have been apprehensive all day both days she has been gone..Is this seperation anxiety of dependency on a person?Is is just the fact that I feel she is out of reach and im feeling a little scared?Has anyone else felt this way.I feel bad and tired and well im sure anyone that has read my recent post knows how I feel.I wont go into it..but does it seem logical I am a little anxious because of her gone?I just feel nervous and really can't seem to figure out why other than she is gone..so anyone have any ideas and if so how do you quit feeling like you are dependent on someone being availible to make sure you are ok..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Hexia
25-12-06, 19:02
Certainly sounds to me like this nurse has become your "safety-person" and that you depend on her to know that you can be saved if anything bad should happen.
So I would say yes, you can certainly feel nervous because she's gone.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

angiebaby
26-12-06, 14:40
I have a similar dependancy on my place of work really. I know this sounds daft but i like not being at work for obvious reasons but when i'm off work for a while, like these xmas hols, i do not have access to my ECG machine. If i get a pain in my chest, wind or something, i can do an ECG on myself for reassurance, not a good thing i know, but when i'm not there i don't have that reassurance. I know that i should not do them as this is making me worse, but i only do them if i have a pain or problems, just to check. It would be better for me not to do them ever again as this is reaffirming a fear when there is nothing for me to be scared about, but me doing the ECG's is telling my body that there is a problem and i need to do them. Of course this is silly, there is never anything wrong when i do them, but it is there and i can do them. Each time i say to myself if this one is ok i won't do anymore, then there comes another pain. LOL. So i know how you feel when that reassurance has gone, but it doesn't help us really. Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!