PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Numbness?

Lord Choc Ice
25-08-14, 12:33
Been reading about Pregabalin for some time here since I was prescribed it a month ago. I had to come off it (last week) since I didn't like the side-effects. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced numbness in their legs or feet and also how many people who take this are diabetic too?

I started on 50mg which then went up to 200mg after a few weeks.

SarahH
25-08-14, 13:20
No numbness for me.

Sarah

hanshan
25-08-14, 19:03
Not so much numbness, but my legs feel weaker. It can be difficult standing or walking for extended periods.

I have to say that this is in combination with other medications (anxiety and blood pressure) so it's difficult to say the exact contribution of pregabalin.

Lord Choc Ice
25-08-14, 19:32
Thanks Sarah and hanshan. Seems quite a rare occurrence to me although it is listed as a side-effect.

I have to say that I also take other medications so maybe the combination of them makes for a bad mix.

teej
26-08-14, 11:23
I ended up very short of breath taking these after 4 days but then propranolol does similar to me - just not quite as badly. The shortness of breath is listed as a very rare side effect!

I was very disappointed as I had high hopes but then I don't seem to get on well with most medication. :weep:

Lord Choc Ice
26-08-14, 12:29
I ended up very short of breath taking these after 4 days but then propranolol does similar to me - just not quite as badly. The shortness of breath is listed as a very rare side effect!

I was very disappointed as I had high hopes but then I don't seem to get on well with most medication. :weep:

Same here :weep:. I thought it was going to kick-start me into doing something but no, not a good drug for me. I couldn't even walk downstairs without thinking which foot goes first!

Capriel
07-09-14, 05:32
I only have some numbness in my tongue.

NinjaKitty
07-09-14, 10:58
I have read that if you are diabetic or have asthma then pregabalin should be avoided due to the risk of it increasing your blood sugar as for why it's not advised for asthmatics i can't comment, but, i could try and find the document i read that stated the warnings for diabetics and asthmatics.
So sorry to hear you had such a rubbish experience with it, could it possibly be just a short term side effect which may wear off? or possibly your dr updosed you too quickly?
I have seen that most people compain of drunk feeling or dizzyness in the begining.
I hope you find something that works for you

Kitty x

hanshan
08-09-14, 11:15
I'm trying to find a credible reference for pregabalin raising blood sugar. It's listed as having the uncommon side effect of LOWERING blood sugar (forgive the capitals).

NinjaKitty
08-09-14, 13:21
I saw it on the information leaflet but it may have been lowering Blood sugar..... but it did mention special care was to be taken in people who are diabetic or asthmatic