PDA

View Full Version : How to accept you can't trust your own perspective?

Bear&bug
25-08-14, 22:24
I'm struggling so badly to accept that what I feel & feels terrifying to me, can feel so harmless to others. I hate not trusting my own perspective. How to believe they're right & I'm wrong, & to ignore my instincts?

For 6 months I've gone from breast cancer to lymphoma to leukemia to heart issues to breast cancer again. I've visited the GP surgery many times & exhausted my partner for reassurance. I obsessively check for lumps & am suffering from depression after so many months of terror & dread. I DO accept I have severe health anxiety & have just started therapy, as well as scheduling a GP appointment to talk about anti-anxiety meds (not an easy decision as I'm pregnant & have a 2 year old to care for)

My trouble at the moment is my breasts. They feel very changed & lumpy/ropy to me, my left much worse. Most likely due to pregnancy but that's my rational side talking. I've had a breast exam done by my GP & all fine, no concerns. I'm scared she missed something (which I know is textbook HA). How can she have not acknowledged what I feel at all? My partner has felt thoroughly & insists to me it's nowhere near as bad as I think & so clearly not anything harmful, just a bit different. I want so much to believe them. I want my life back.

honeyp1e
25-08-14, 22:37
Hi bear&bug.. I totally understand how u feel with all that over-thinking where ours is breast cancer etc mine is always about my stomach/bowels (am emetophobic a fear of myself vomiting) so whenever I feel anything going on in my stomach I automatically think OMG am ill.. I've been the docs a million times had every test under the sun all to come back clear :( and my docs to just say I suffer IBS & acid reflux :( yet no matter how many docs or tests show nothing and my docs are happy with me my mind still thinks "what if they have missed something major wrong with me maybe cancer of the womb/bowels or am I gonna be sick??

I try telling myself its all just the neg thinking and to IGNORE it but easier said than done

Hope ur feeling better soon x