PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and real physical symptoms

teg5078
25-08-14, 23:18
I had my first panic attack in 2011 on Christmas night and it was all over an ache I couldn’t help but identify as the worst possible thing, cancer. My grandpa had just passed away three weeks beforehand, and I do not deal with loss very well either. Of course I got tests done and everything was fine as well as blood work being done constantly. I don’t have any family history with really any serious medical illnesses and I have never had high blood pressure. At that time I was throwing up from being so nervous, feeling very real physical symptoms. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder early 2012.

Since then, I was prescribed Zoloft and took it for a year and went off it eventually because I felt confident my anxiety went away. I had just got home from my third year at college and my best friend committed suicide, now it feels like I’ve relapsed or something. Things that used to make me feel happy now make me sick. I’ve been having horrible anxiety, dreadful thoughts like I was going to die or that I’m not real, who thinks of this!? I am at my wits end with this, I can’t handle feeling like this all the time. There is so much to look forward to in life, why am I feeling this way? I get very hot, face gets red, feel disconnected and start to shake of terror uncontrollably. My father is an officer and has had to put me on the oxygen tank twice already to calm me down. I’m back at school now and feel horrible, not sure if I’m sick or just very anxious. I just got blood work done last week and everything was perfect, still doubt in my mind that something is wrong with me. I have completely lost my appetite for two days now, forced cereal down this morning.

Thanks for reading!
-T

kiwilaura
26-08-14, 18:21
It definitely sounds like anxiety to me...you have had a lot of stress recently which is probably why you've relapsed....go and speak to your doctor, maybe you need medication again...