PDA

View Full Version : So....Had a Fab Time in Cyrus until the last day and now!

Female healthanxiety
26-08-14, 11:26
Want to say thank you for all your kind words regarding how I had been feeling leading up to my holiday.

I had a fantastic time in Cyprus, albeit a bit on the hot side at 35 degrees. :ohmy: - To be honest, I was very very suprised at myself - felt nice to feel normal and actually enjoy a holiday and I must admit I was so proud of myself inside.

I had and have dizzy spells about a month before going away and was not really worried about going on holiday with them!

Standing in the long wues and feeling like this.

I was so surprised as to how good I was - I had an amazing week, no dizzy spells (I had the occassional hour or so) and then then the night before I came back, it came back again..

This is my first day back at work.

I now have the drunk feeling back - if I stand still it feels like I am going to drop either forward or back, my eyes feel so heavy and I almost feel like I have had a blow at the back of my head (even though it does not hurt).

I fear going out for how I feel - I was even on the way to work this morning in the car and even when I was stationary in traffic - I felt like the car was still moving.

I tried to make another appt with my DR today but have to ring at 8.00am tomorrow.

I just cant shake this feeling off and it is getting rather disabling. Am thinking something is seriously wrong with me.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

SORRY - and most recently - my partner has said I need to see the DR as my snoring is really loud and it looks like sometimes I struggle for breath x

Deanosbeano
26-08-14, 12:20
Hi FH,
I am in exactly the same boat this morning almost word for word except i was in Barcelona :).
The dizzyness came at the lights , i put that down to an initial feeling of stopping after i had just come off the Bypass , but the anxiety amplified it , i was off last week so i could simply deal with the anciety as the waves came , but today at work its much harder with everyone around or having to foucs on e-mails , Its felt like 9 hours this morning instead of 4 , I am off to the Pharmacy for some Johns Wort , i rang the Drs first and asked if they are ok to take as im not on anything else and he said try them and ill make you an apointment for Friday so we can review, I was hoping to beat this damn thing without any meds but as a Gardener for 25 years , i dont mind eating some dried plants , god knows how many ive eaten by accident whilst Hedge trimming on a windy day so a few more should be ok :).

Hope your day goes well and thanks for the post, its always good to know its not something only i am suffering ( hope that doesnt sound selfish :) )

Female healthanxiety
26-08-14, 13:06
Hello Deano,

thanks for your reply, and no of course not - sharing is good!

Are you in Barcelona now then?:yesyes:

I know how you feel - I just find it quite dangerous, especially while driving - wonder what it is??!

I know what you mean - I finish at 5.30 and looking and replying to emails is making me feel worse in terms of the dizziness and eyes.

Have tried St Johns but did not work for me, but 100s of my friends have and they have worked for them - have you brought them yet?! Good luck x

Deanosbeano
26-08-14, 15:22
Hiya FH

No i am back in Uk now ,which is good cause i would of blown up if i had these dizzy spells and worries over there, but then again maybe i wouldnt of lol, oh what a wicked web it weaves.
What is it ? , for me its an accumalation of 16 years of Being a typical man and not having a good cry or allowing myself to deal with the crappy things in life i reckon , so now im just gonna have to get in touch with my "new Man " side and deal with them all little by little lol. in SUmmary its depression leading to anxiety leading to Health scares leading to more panic , leading to the DRs and diagnosis leading to Self Help with support of Family and proffesionals , Probably looking at 6 months minimum but here goes lol first stpe on road to recovery , i think its best to deal with the deamons whilst still in work if you can , but if you cant dont be a hreo /heroine and look after number 1 and take the time and space. other wise it can turn into a right mess if you dont keep ahandle on it :)

Good to know Johns wort can work for some , hopefully i will be one of them too .

Female healthanxiety
26-08-14, 16:20
Hey Deano,

At least we got the chance to go away ay?!

I have no idea what it is mate - but it is very scary and disabling.

Am going to see what my DR says tomorrow - after begging him for an appt tomorrow at 8.00am (eeek).

Yes you are very right with the chain of the anxiety. With me it feels like there is no in between - I am fine one minute, and then boom!

Deanosbeano
26-08-14, 16:47
Sounds like we both been hammered by the same thing :) ,
I think the worst part so far is when you calm down and take an objective look and realise how the hell do people who are alone deal with this crap , but then that selfishly make ya feel better but it still begs the question .

Good luck at the docs and BE HONEST when and if he asks you to take the two on screen tests ;)

Female healthanxiety
26-08-14, 16:52
ha ha!

what on screen tests are those then?! :blush:

Deanosbeano
26-08-14, 17:35
couple of questionaires about how your feeling , you will recognise the questions :)
if ya dont get asked then ask him for the Anxiety and Depression Tests ;).

Primula
26-08-14, 19:06
Glad you had a good time on your holiday. Let us know how it goes at the doctors. :)

Female healthanxiety
27-08-14, 10:44
Thanks all - well went DRS this morning - drunk feeling again - Just hoped and prayed that I didn't have to stand long as I feel faint every time.

My DR spoke to me for about 20 minutes and asked me a lot of questions regarding how I am feeling.

I feel so angry as he told me that I should keep on taking the diazepan (1mg) as I cut them in half as I am tablet-phobic, and see how I get on.

He originally gave me a pack of 14 prior to me going on holiday to take before the flight.

I said I was not keen on taking them (never have taken any medication like this), I said I do not feel anxious (hence the reason I was able to go on holiday and relax, like never before), I said I cannot even walk due to the dizziness and my eyes, its effecting me driving to work and walking and living life, he then said OK well I will give you a prescription of Prochlorperazine (5mg) for the dizziness....

Any one had these before?

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Also took my BP - Was first off 130/94, and he told me to calm down as he could see my BPM was 130 and said I need to relax and not talk, he did again and it was 114/92 and then he told me to stand up and it was 122/89 - he said that that was normal BP for me and that BP was not the problem...................

Primula
27-08-14, 10:49
Yes I've taken those. They are called Stemetil, and they are used for dizziness and nausea.

Female healthanxiety
27-08-14, 11:18
How did you get on with them....honestly!? xxxx

Primula
27-08-14, 11:26
I used them when I had positional vertigo. They stopped the dizziness. There were no side effects. They are used for all kinds of sickness and dizziness. That is my honest opinion. :)

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Female healthanxiety
27-08-14, 11:40
Thank you Primula :)

how many did you take a day? xx

Primula
27-08-14, 11:47
I can't remember I'm sorry. Only needed them for a few days.