PDA

View Full Version : Why won't the docs test?

Loubylou1982
26-08-14, 16:31
Hello
As previously posted I'm worried about all over body twitches (not my face) that I've had nearly 3 weeks. I spoke to a doc on the phone about it and then saw a different doc at the surgery. Both of them dismissed it as anxiety. The doc didn't even bother to do any tests, touch me or ask any other symptoms. It makes me cross. I've made another appointment for this week and I will say that I can't dismiss it as anxiety until I know for sure that it's nothing else!
Am I being silly and pushy?
I'm worried about MS or something bad.

meche
26-08-14, 16:52
Hi - I understand your frustration, I really do, but you need to have some faith and trust in what they are telling you. Twitching was one of the first symptoms of anxiety I experienced and believe me, it freaked me out. My eyelid twitched constantly & my body (in particular my right leg) was a champion twitcher :huh:!! I feared exactly what you fear and I had infact already diagnosed myself. When it comes to MS or those other 'bad things' you think you might have, doctors REALLY do know what to look out for. If he/she thought for one minute it was something more serious you would have been referred almost immediately. My twitching lasted on/off for months, still get it occassionally, but 2 years on I have no other symptoms of any neuro nasties! Big hugs. xxx

Loubylou1982
26-08-14, 17:02
Thanks Meche
Did you twitch every day? I'm sitting here and I'm just twitching all over. I can't see them because they happen do quickly and then move on to another place. I've had anxiety before worse than this but never developed this strange symptom.

I also have a strange vibration feeling in my foot that is on and off. Can't see it vibrate but feels like its vibrating. I'm scared.

Carnation
27-08-14, 00:49
Loubylou, I know it's distressing and is out of your control. But the twitching is a very common symptom of Anxiety. They do get less and less as time goes on. It's your body reacting to the stress and the body is repairing itself. The vibration inside of the body is also quite distressing, but it won't harm you. :)