PDA

View Full Version : New kitten Need help to name her!

yvonne_uk_98
26-08-14, 21:17
Hi everyone,

Please could you help, me come up with a name for my new kitten.

I have her photo as my avatar.

I'm trying to add a photo, dont know if this will work.

Pipkin
26-08-14, 21:26
She looks like an Agatha to me :D

Or perhaps Crumpet :winks:

Pip x

bernie1977
26-08-14, 21:26
She's gorgeous Yvonne!!

How about Tilly or Bella

Fishmanpa
26-08-14, 21:29
That's a "Molly" if I ever saw one :)

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
26-08-14, 21:39
Aw she looks lovely, I love cats...i'm a Leo so I should. How about Lollipop, lolli for short :D

ISB x

susan64
26-08-14, 22:01
That's a beautiful little kitten....maybe Beauty?

Tessar
26-08-14, 22:06
Awwwww she's beautiful!! How about Poppy?

Annie0904
26-08-14, 22:16
I like Poppy and Molly :) I also Like Milly :)

lior
26-08-14, 22:27
Cutie-wootie-baby-boo!

yvonne_uk_98
26-08-14, 22:48
Thank you everyone, wow, all those names are beautiful. this is really helpful. very much appreciated thanks. :)

Oosh
26-08-14, 22:50
Splat

Apollo

Smudge

Steven Gerrard

Football

John

Pmsl here, sorry :D
Couldn't resist doing some daft ones

I'm rubbish at pet names. I had a 3 legged cat called Bilbo if that's any use.

yvonne_uk_98
26-08-14, 23:10
Thank you Oosh, very much appreciated, thanks. :)

Carnation
27-08-14, 00:36
Hi, I'm saying Daisy and my Partner says Lulu. :)

xBettyBoopx
27-08-14, 02:28
Awww she's sooooooooooooo pretty :)

She's a Sophie if ever I've seen one. Bless her lil heart. Good health to her whatever her name.:hugs::hugs:

Els
xxx

littlemrs
27-08-14, 09:47
I have a cat who has similar colouring to yours. Her pedigree name was Dolly Mixture so we decided on the name Dolly :)

yvonne_uk_98
27-08-14, 15:40
Carnaton, xBettyBoopx, and Littlemrs,

Thank you for the kitten names,.

I have taken note of them all. I will let you all know what name I pick. I now have a lot of names, that I can choose from. thank you everyone. very much appreciated thanks.

Tinker28
27-08-14, 15:57
I like the name Chloe

mark84
27-08-14, 16:54
Jelly Bean!

Fishmanpa
27-08-14, 17:49
Our Pixie Bob's full name is "Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses". That's on his TICA papers. We just call him Socrates and it really fits him. I'm always calling him "Boog" or "Booger" as an affectionate nick name unless he's bad (which is very rare) and he gets called Socrates Ulysses! ~lol~ He'll stop in his tracks when he hears that!

I like a lot of the names people have suggested. Being she's a calico, you may also think about "Callie"

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
27-08-14, 20:14
Fishman, your cat is a bobcat right? I don't know much about them but aren't they a wild cat in the US under normal circumstances? How did you come to have him...he sounds great have to say :D

ISB x

MRS STRESS ED
27-08-14, 22:04
Such a cutie bless what about calling her Hope because that's what we all have xx :hugs:

Tessar
27-08-14, 22:09
Splat

Apollo

Smudge

Steven Gerrard

Football

John

Pmsl here, sorry :D
Couldn't resist doing some daft ones

I'm rubbish at pet names. I had a 3 legged cat called Bilbo if that's any use.

Splat is a really good one

Fishmanpa
27-08-14, 23:49
Fishman, your cat is a bobcat right? I don't know much about them but aren't they a wild cat in the US under normal circumstances? How did you come to have him...he sounds great have to say :D

ISB x

He's not a "Bobcat" per se'. The breed is said to have originated from a bobcat/domestic cat mating. Two kittens from similar litters produces "Pixie", the matriarch of the breed. They were recognized in 1994 as a breed and are the only breed allowed to show with polydactyl toes. There are no wild markers in them (like wolf hybrids) but there are certain things about them that indicate their lineage. A bobbed tail, the markings and behaviors like loving water. They also have a primordial pouch that wild bobcats have. It's used to store meat after a kill. They don't "meow" but do this chirp/chitter noise. Otherwise, they're very quiet.

Personality wise, they're very "dog like" in their devotion and mannerisms. They play fetch, love to ride in the car and are easily trainable to walk on a leash. He's extremely sweet and affectionate but get him pissed (like at the vets office or getting his nails clipped) and the growl he makes will send chills up you spine. When a 15+ pound cat like him gets pissed, it ain't pretty ~lol~

I've wanted one for a long time and finally took the plunge and put a deposit on a kitten. There are only a dozen or so breeders in the US (one in GB too!). I got him from Bobcat Legends in Texas. He's been all that and then some as a pet and I can't imagine life without him. When I was sick, he was glued to my side and offered much comfort.

Positive thoughts and cat hair

angeldust
28-08-14, 01:43
How about a name that makes you feel good too say?

Freeky
28-08-14, 12:10
Aw! She's a cute kitten!
Could call her Lottie? Callie? I can't think of anything good sorry!!
I think Oosh mentioned Smudge which suits her.:)

If you're still struggling you could always look on a baby name website (that's how we named one of our dogs!!).

yvonne_uk_98
28-08-14, 12:30
Thank you everyone, very much appreciated, thanks, I have now got a list of names, I will have to narrow my list down. all the names suit, just I'll need to go through my list.

I will let you know what name I choose. Thank you all again. :)

yvonne_uk_98
02-09-14, 23:06
I have two kittens, brother and sister.

I called her Misty,

My children called him Riley.

yvonne_uk_98
02-09-14, 23:19
all the names were lovely. thank you everyone again for helping me with kitten names. very much appreciated thanks. :hugs:

xBettyBoopx
03-09-14, 05:13
I have two kittens, brother and sister.

I called her Misty,

My children called him Riley.

Oh my goodness what beautiful kitties. I love torti kitties. Love the names Yvonne.

Enjoy them, I am sure they will bring you lots of joy and fun.

:hugs:

Tessar
03-09-14, 20:57
Cuuuuuuute