PDA

View Full Version : Having problems coping

Jules31
16-08-04, 12:23
Hi everyone.

I'm having what I hope is a blip.

All the aches and pains from last week are still here. Plus even more muscle soreness from my massage on Saturday. I am putting up with it all even though I feel I have the strength of a gnat at the mo.

On top of all this, I've felt really odd since yesterday. I woke with a bit of headache and we went to the cinema but when we got there, my eyes felt strange looking at the lights and the top of my head started to burn. Then over the next hour and a half, it progressed to me feeling nauseous, and all of my head feeling so tight including around my eyes. It was so uncomfortable that I couldn't concentrate on anything. In fact half way through the film I went to the loo and burst into tears. I also felt like I didn't know where I was and the film screen just made me feel worse.

Anyway it carried on for most of the afternoon, to a lesser degree, with a dull headache and eased by the end of the eve.

Today I still have a dull headache and feel in a complete daze. My legs are as weak as hell.

I know I'm really stressed as I'm working on some really big cases at work this work and have to much to do and not enough time. Nothing I can do about it except get on with it though. It doesn't help that I have some really traumatic photos to look at and I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep picking them up and putting them down again. I know I'm being a big baby but I can't help it.

I know my period is due this week but I don't usually feel like this.

I just feel like I want to cry and go and bury my head in the sand. I have absolutely no motivation and no concentration. I keep feeling short of breath, really spacey and am so tired (no matter how much sleep I have).

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is. Common sense tells me it's my anxiety kicking up cos I've been getting progressively worse over the last couple of weeks but of course I feel too low to rationalise it properly. At the moment all I can think is that I will never get better and that I must have something horrible wrong with me.

Anyway thanks for being here
Jules

tara
16-08-04, 12:32
Hi jules, I'm really sorry to hear that your having a rough time at the moment, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment and it doesn't help matters, have you been back to your doctor to get some advice off him? My doctor is wonderful like that! Take care Jules , Tara xx

sal
16-08-04, 13:49
Hi Jules

Sounds like you are having a really bad time at the moment too hon.

I dont suppose watching a big screen at the pictures will have helped with the headache and probably contributed towards it.

Its horrible when you feel like you are pogressively getting worse and like you say we become so irrational to the point of no return.

Like you say work will be keeping you busy but if you have a big case to do it cant be easy especially as you have to also witness some traumatic photos.

I hope you manage to get through it all, i am sure you will. And we are all here to help you.

Catch up with you soon.

Take care of yourself.

Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
16-08-04, 14:19
Hi Jules,

Sounds like a optical migraine kicked in at the cinema.

What did your masseuse say about how your body tension was ?

Go and have a good cry or a few bouts of crying. It will really relieve te worst of it - natural calming hormones.

Sorry about yuk case at work...

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Jules31
16-08-04, 15:13
Thanks Sal, it's good to know you are all here when I feel so pants.

Meg, I wondered whether it was a migraine but wasn't sure as it wasn't really like any I've had before. The bright light outside had been bothering me a bit before we went to the cinema too. I think perhaps that I'd had too much sleep and then got up and rushed round.

My massuese didn't need to say anything about my body tension as the first thing she asked me when she'd finished was how much it had hurt. She'd really had to work on some of the muscles as she said she just couldn't leave the knots there.. In fact at one stage when she touched the top of my shoulders I thought I was going to be sick. I had to bite my lip to stop myself crying out. So guess that must have been a pretty good indicator of how much tension was there.

Think I will have a good cry if i need to later. It's odd but I keep feeling the need to do it absolutely out of nowhere. It happened in Rome and has a couple of times since I've been back. Very weird.

Here was everyone else laughing at Shrek yesterday and me with tears in my eyes.

Thanks for the work sympathy. I know it's my job but I feel a bit out of my depth at the moment. Everything is so time consuming, complex or downright pants.

I'm hoping all this feeling pooh is a reflex action to knowing what I have in store for me. The last time I had a similar case to deal with it gave me nightmares for a good while afterwards, so I guess I'm just trying to protect myself.

Jules

kate
16-08-04, 16:10
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks Sal, it's good to know you are all here when I feel so pants.

Meg, I wondered whether it was a migraine but wasn't sure as it wasn't really like any I've had before. The bright light outside had been bothering me a bit before we went to the cinema too. I think perhaps that I'd had too much sleep and then got up and rushed round.

My massuese didn't need to say anything about my body tension as the first thing she asked me when she'd finished was how much it had hurt. She'd really had to work on some of the muscles as she said she just couldn't leave the knots there.. In fact at one stage when she touched the top of my shoulders I thought I was going to be sick. I had to bite my lip to stop myself crying out. So guess that must have been a pretty good indicator of how much tension was there.

Think I will have a good cry if i need to later. It's odd but I keep feeling the need to do it absolutely out of nowhere. It happened in Rome and has a couple of times since I've been back. Very weird.

[quote]Here was everyone else laughing at Shrek yesterday and me with tears in my eyes.

Thanks for the work sympathy. I know it's my job but I feel a bit out of my depth at the moment. Everything is so time consuming, complex or downright pants.

I'm hoping all this feeling pooh is a reflex action to knowing what I have in store for me. The last time I had a similar case to deal with it gave me nightmares for a good while afterwards, so I guess I'm just trying to protect myself.

Jules

<div align="right">Originally posted by Jules31 - 16 August 2004 : 15:13:41</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

kate
16-08-04, 16:15
Oh Poo,

Only wanted to quote the bit about Shrek LOL

Jules, when you said everyone was laughing at Shrek and you had tears in your eyes I could really relate to this!

Hope you are feeling a bit better

Kate x [:X]

Alison
16-08-04, 16:17
Hi Jules

I went to see Shrek the other week to take my mind off feeling rubbish and couldnt really raise a laugh either. I pretty sure its not Shreks fault (joking) but I felt like my head was caving in on me. I thought that sitting in the dark would be good for headaches, but I guess not for us!

I hope you are feeling a bit better now anyway. Its nice to find someone who feels the same.

Do you work for the police or something like, I have a similar job and it can be really stressfull, which is why I've become panicked again. Its hard to switch off, but I hope you dont have any more nightmares.

Bye

Alison

Meg
16-08-04, 17:01
Jules - you're the master of new symptoms though !ol

I went through a tearful phase - in the end think it was stress and the pill certainly didn't help even though I'd been on it many years . Suddenly it affected me badly.

It would help you to have one regularly so you could feel the benefits not just the pain .

You protect yourself any way you can. Keep those tears going .

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

Caz Fab Pants
16-08-04, 22:24
Jules,

You sound as though you're in a bit of a pickle but think you're doing the right thing by sharing it here. Always helps to off-load somewhere so you dont have the same thoughts spinning around your head with no where to go.

I'm not sure what you do for a living but guessing its something to do with the law and to be honest I dont envy you having to look at distressing images. I stupidly watched the beheading of Nick Berg because a friend of Ed's sent us a link and I couldn't get it out of my head for days, it was awful!

Hoping you take Meg's advice and have a good cry, I'd love to but dont seem to be able to since starting my medication. I always used to feel better after a good sob.

I'm sure these aches will improve now you've had a good massage and this in turn will help you to feel better mentally.

Hugs,
Caroline :)
x

Meg
16-08-04, 23:09
Yes Caroline,

The meds can numb you and stop the tears flowing . Great for some who can't stop crying but not for others who need to get stuff out .

Meg

Jules31
17-08-04, 10:08
Hi Guys

Well I had a bit of a cry last night, though not as much as I needed. By the time I got home everything was hurting so much that I couldn't help. I could hardly move. Today I don't feel much better either. And getting out of bed was definitely a problem

I thought a bit exercise might help, but couldn't face it so tried dancing round the room a bit. My legs would hardly move and I definitely felt worse and I felt like I couldn't breathe properly (and I'm not that unfit )So I'm worried that I have something else wrong with me for sure now.

Don't think it helped that the massage was only on my back and shoulders, could probably have done with a full one really. I also went taboganning on sat night, so wonder if some of the pain might be from there (even though I hurt before). As a matter of fact, that was the first time that I'd used my adrenalin properly in a looong time, LOL.

Oh yeah and for those of you who don't know I'm a criminal lawyer.

Hope you are all ok and thanks for being here for me. It really helps having people to tell me that what I'm going through is normal, well for folks like us!!!

Jules

sal
17-08-04, 12:56
Hi Jules

well i hope having a cry released some of the stress you are under.

You are probably worried more about this case than you think, especially as another one effected you by you having nightmares.

It cant be easy especially when they are traumatic, working where i do i can imagine how hard it gets for you.

I hope today is going better for you.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

stimpy
17-08-04, 13:41
Yep that sure sounds like a migrane to me.
The little monkeys can make you feel pants up to days afterwards.

A good cry does you the world of good.
I guess it is the bodies way of getting rid of stress and sadness.

I went to see Shrek 2 as well, and it made me smile mimimally too.
I loved the cat, but the fairy godmother and that prince bloke just got on my nerves.
I have to admit the first one was the best one.

Lets hope your blip passes soon and you start to feel better.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Karen
17-08-04, 13:49
Hi Jules

Sounds like migraine to me too. I get them and they can last for a few days.

I hope you feel better soon.

Briary

Jules31
17-08-04, 14:10
Sal, you might be right, I could be more worried than I released. I know I've been waking up thinking about work. What makes it even harder is that I can't really discuss stuff to do with it cos of the nature of my job. My boss is great but can be very blase about things, so I don't want to say much to him. Guess I will get there in the end. Just wish Ididn't have so much of a problem with death related stuff.

Stimpy, I agree with you about Shrek, I wanted to slap that prince round the face, he was so wet.

And to add to all my other symptoms, I'm now having stomach ones. I took my vitamins on an empty stomach, well after a banana (last night) and within an hour my stomach and diaphragm were full of air. It was very uncomfortable.When I ate later on it eased a bit.

This morning it wasn't too bad, but I just met my mum for a coffee and it's flared up again. When I got to the restaurant I started to feel like the floor was moving under me and got quite warm. Then I could feel the air trapped in my chest and stomach a little. I ate a wholemeal scone and had a coffee and within ten minutes had to fly to the loo. I came back and within a few more mins my stomach was very upset. Now I'm full of air again and it's so uncomfortable. It looks like my stomach starts under my boobs. I've tried some peppermint but it hasn't helped and i can't take indigestion stuff cos of the meds I'm on. So I'm back at work, feeling even more stressed and now uncomfortable.

I know I shouldn't have had the coffee but I needed a treat. I don't know what has happened to me but feel like my body has gone mad. I so hate this c**p.
I had a similar thing with my stomach a couple of years back when I took some fibre supplements, so have no idea why it is back again. How many more things can I get wrong with me.

Jules

nomorepanic
17-08-04, 17:04
Jules

Just read all the posts. Sorry to hear you having so much to deal with at the moment. Sounds like you are in a right pickle over it all as well.

I think we wind ourselves up over stuff don't we and then that makes it worse!

Your job must be very stressful and like you say you cannot talk about it with anyone outside the 'office' so it is difficult for others to understand how much it effects you but I am sure it does.

All the aches and pains could be a "normal illness" type thing if you know what I mean. For eg. I hurt my elbow weeks ago and it is driving me mad cos it hurts to lift anything, I cant do the gardening (it is my right arm), cant open bottles etc etc. Meg took a look at when she was here and I also asked the doc today and he says it is tennis elbow and no miracle cure as such. So - I am wondering if some of your aches and pains can be explained by something other than panic/anxiety maybe? A pulled muscle or a strain.

Anyway I do hope you start to feel better soon and can get back to feeling normal and not so in pain all the while.

Have you tried Meg's tonic water cure for the stomach issues?

xx

Nicola

Jules31
17-08-04, 17:58
Hi Nic

I thought about the tonic water earlier so will try and grab some later. I've been drinking ginger tea this pm and it's helped a bit but I still feel pretty off.

I know what you mean about the muscle aches but it really is everything and I know my back is killing after sitting at my desk all day so think that could contribute. I went taboganning on Sat nite so wonder if that could be making things worse too, though don't know how it would affect my legs, as they did nothing

I'm still in the office and everyone else has left. I feel hot, headachey, sore and sick. Grr r wha a life hey. Can;t believe I used to be so in control, lol. Oh well at least the stress gives me something to blame.

Well better get back to it or I will be here all night. Never mind I should have left two hours ago.

Hey and to make things worse, I've just learnt I'm in court tomorrow with a Judge who hates women and just likes to make life hell for people in general, so guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Anyway hope your elbow is better soon, and surely any excuse not to do the gardening must be a good one, lol

Jules

Caz Fab Pants
17-08-04, 21:11
Jules,

Probably isn't what you want to hear right now but, criminal lawyer, how interesting!!! I'm envious in a way but not in others. I can imagine you wearing smart suits, having great legs and an expensive leather brief case.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling pretty naff.

I get that same bloated feeling you mentioned, it can be difficult to shift although I have found that a gentle walk works wonders.

Dont you sometimes feel that life is just going at the wrong pace and you cant keep up. I can imagine you are under quite alot of pressure at work which must heighten your anxiety and stress levels.

Try to get plenty of sleep, lots of hugs, some good food and a bit of exercise and with a bit of luck things will fall back into place.

Take care
x

sal
18-08-04, 00:51
Hi Jules

Another late night at work, it isnt surprising it is getting to you.

You have a really hard job and you cope so well with it.

You are doing really well under the circumstances and cant be easy at all.

Like you said you are probably self conscious about the traumatic evidence you have to face after how you reacted to your last case like that. But you are only human and anyone would be affected by that.

Hope the aches and pains die down. You need the full body massage and really pamper yourself, you deserve it.

You have a lot on your plate at the moment so remember to take time out for you, thats what counts.

Love Sal xxxxx

Jules31
18-08-04, 12:32
Ok before I moan, I'm going to be positive.

I got quite a lot of work done yesterday

I went to court this morning and although the Judge was a pig to me, I'm still here to tell the tale.

I even cooked properly when I got home and didn't succumb to a takeaway, even though I didn't leave the office for getting on 7.

Although I desperately wanted a glass of wine when I got in I didn't have one, I had a bath instead.

Ok, now can I moan??? I feel pants. My head hurts, I feel sick, my legs are like concrete and I keep going really faint and sweaty. My mouth is all tingling too. So far my neck and back aren't quite as bad but I've only been at my desk for a short while. Oh yeah and my stomach is off too

I'm back in the office and will be here late again tonight. I have no idea how I'm going to do it. But I have to. Thank God the job isn't like this all the time.

Dave isn't even around to give me a cuddle as he's been working overtime too and we're like ships in the night.

Blimey how pathetic do I sound. I just wish I had enough energy to convince myself that it is anxiety making me feel like this and give myself a kick up the bum.

Caz, you're right about the suits and my legs aren't too bad but as for the brief case I'm too lazy to lug it around. I did when I first qualified but now we have these attractive holdall things that office provide for us. (Can't you tell I don't work in private practice)

Sal, I promise to make some me time at some point, though I've already promised to take my mum out on friday and her dog to the vet and then meet another friend to give them some advice on some legal stuff. I must be mad. Anyway hon, how's your pampering going?? and how are you feeling

Love
Jules

Laurie28
18-08-04, 12:42
Hiya,

Yip possibly anxiety, but also possibly sheer tiredness and lack of 'me' time!!!

You need to relax (i know easier said than done)
Make some time for yourself, keep up the 'decent' eating and remember this isn't forever. i think even 'normal' people would feel strained with your workload at the moment

take care
Lucky

Meg
18-08-04, 15:09
Jules,

A medal the size of dustbin lid for perserverence for you today !

Well done

Meg

Robert Albert Bloch

Jules31
18-08-04, 17:26
Thanks Lucky, for the words of common sense.

Meg, I'm pleased I persevered. I'm absolutely shattered and have been up and down all day but have had a productive afternoon. I'm still working on the murder but should bottom it tomorrow morning and what's more, I've managed to put put the other really pants work I had to do for a while.
And I compromised and only looked at the horrible photos that I really had to. I read the reports about the other ones. So I've partly faced a big fear of mine, without too many unpleasant thoughts or dreams yet.

I should be able to leave work by 6 and am then going to veg all night. Dave is working late again, so it's just me and the animals.

My head is pounding and I feel sick still and giddy but I've worked late every day and it's paid off in the end.

So a great big thank you to all of you for helping me through this and I'll see you tomorrow when I'll see if I can lose the rest of my sanity. You really all are great

Hugs

Jules

Tessie28
18-08-04, 17:29
Golly Jules, what a clever clogs [^]. But I bet it is stressful so don't be hard on yourself. Hope you have a better evening,
love Tess xx
ps do you get to wear a wig LOL???

Caz Fab Pants
18-08-04, 21:31
Jules,

You dont need to be thanking us, you did all the hard work and deserve a nice glass of wine I reckon.

I can just picture you getting showered when you get home, putting on some nice soft tracky bottoms and putting your feet up on a lovely big sofa with a glass of wine in one hand, remote control in the other. Dimmed lighting, maybe a few candles burning and something in the oven thats scrummy but already prepared so you just bung it in and leave it.

Have a lovely evening.

x

Meg
18-08-04, 21:41
Jules ,

I'm around tomorrow so if Dave is working late again you can always come here and I'll look after you a bit or we could walk it out of you.

Love

Meg

Jules31
19-08-04, 10:28
Morning everyone.

I'm feeling very wobbly today and exceptionally weak and headachey but I'm going to plough on. I have had the worrying thoughts that I have something wrong with me as I feel so yuck but I'm trying to fight them.

I was supposed to see my counsellor at 8.30 this morning but she's been rushed into hospital. I hope she's ok but I feel really selfish cos today is the day when I probably needed to see her the most. Although I have CBT after work.

Tess, I dont' get to wear a wig, fortunately, that's only barristers. Anyway they make me itch, lol.

Cor Caroline I want to be exactly where your post said. I did flop when I got in and managed to cook (wasn't organised to have prepared anything before). I didn't have any wine as I would probably have drunk the bottle the way I was feeling. Then I watched a bit of tv and fell asleep by 10. So not sure why I still feel so tired today. It never seems to go.

Meg, thanks for the offer. I would have loved to have come round but my friend is dragging me round to hers. So hopefully it will be a couple of glasses of nice wine and some food. Although the though of someone looking after me for a bit sounds like heaven.

Oh well better get something done.

Love
Jules

sarah
19-08-04, 12:19
Hiya Jules

The thing that stands out in your posts to me is how you arent giving up. A lot of people in your current state would have given up and hid in bed by now!!!
So all I wanted to say is WELL DONE for sticking it out and im really proud of you!!!

love Sarah
xx

stimpy
19-08-04, 12:26
I think you have done really well.

Anyone who can hold down a stressful job and suffer with panic is a real star. :D

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Alison
19-08-04, 13:04
Hi Jules

I know this might sound a bit silly, but do you think you may be allergic to bananas, they give me indigestion too. I think its the seeds in them. I'm pretty sure that the uncomfortable feeling will go away in no time. Maybe as you havent had a coffee in a while it might have irritated your stomach lining too. When you panick you are taking in too much air and some of that is getting trapped in your tummy...please dont worry about it too much. Trust me I'm a scientist!

Maybe if you are feeling hormonal and tense you could try doing some stretching exercises or go swimming. The bouyancy of the water might take away some of the tenderness.

Hope you feel better soon.

take care

Alison

Tessie28
19-08-04, 14:18
Hi Jules,

sorry you are still feeling pants. Plan something nice for the weekend if you can. I wouldn't be able to look at the photos either so well done you. Shame about the counselling but good you have the CBT. Is it done in a group? I'm going to have it and it sounded that way but I haven't heard yet.

love Tess xx

Jules31
19-08-04, 15:16
Thanks Sarah for reminding me what I have achieved.

Alison, don't think I'm allergic to bananas as I eat them a lot. I've had this trapped air thing for a month or so but this week it's been there nearly all the time. I had it months and months ago too. I wonder if I'm swallowing too much air cos I'm anxious.

Tess, my CBT is one to one but I guess you could do it in a group. Good luck with it anyway.

I'm still suffering and feeling very faint every so often. And the air in my chest in stomach is becoming a real pain in the neck. Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe with it properly. It seems to be moving upwards but any ideas how I can get rid of it other than taking meds

Yay only an hour left at work and then it's the weekend for me.

If I have any energy I will try and plan something nice for Saturday. We have Dave's son coming to stay Sun so doubt I will get much peace or relaxation then, lol

Jules

Meg
19-08-04, 15:55
Gulps of tonic water is really worth a try

Meg

sal
19-08-04, 20:15
Hi Jules

Well done for getting to the bottom of the case. Sorry the judge was horrible to you but you got through it and made tea after without having any wine.

I am glad you managed to look at the photos and so far they havent haunted you. Well done. Know how bad they can be.

Pleased you have the weekend off for you to chill, would be nice for you to go out and Saturday and treat yourself. You deserve it after the week you have had.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

lilac kitten
20-08-04, 12:33
Jules,

Reading your post, I immediately related to the symptoms and thought PMT, then you mentioned your period was due. I get exactly the same or I did, I now take a progesterone only pill all the time and don't get periods any more. I still get the odd breakthrough migrane, but I'm no where near as bad as I used to be.

You also sound really run down and a little depressed, again hormones can contribute to that. Also remember that some symptoms of PMT are also very similar to the first signs of being pregnant.

When I used to be due I'd shake uncontrollably, get really bad migranes, tummy ache, etc. If you're really run down and a little stressed it could be IBS as well. You don't have to have extreme symptoms to get this. I went to the doctor just recently with tummy ache and feeling rubbish and she did lots of tests and concluded that I had IBS but more from a windy crampy side than runs or constipation.

I hope you're feeling a little better now than you did when you posted. Anxiety can strike at any time for no reason.

Take care,
Ruth
x

Jules31
23-08-04, 11:38
Hey everyone

Thanks for all your help last week.

Sadly, I;m no better this. I went out for a meal friday night and for sunday lunch. Also on Sat I treated myself to some new make up. But everything has been such an ordeal. I have all my old symptoms back and lots more. Still feeling how I did last week with lots of pains in my head and feeling so off balance and in a daze. I'm back to thinking I will keel over any minute.

It's not helping that someone has nicely fixed all the lights at work, whilst I was off friday. This includes the one above my desk which gives me migraines but my boss wants on!!! Not sure how to tackle that one, as the engineer had to travel two hours to get here.

On friday I got some tingling in my arms and hands but then later on, I got pins and needles and numbness in the tips of all of my fingers for about an hour and a half. It really was horrible. Have no idea what had caused it. I eaten a healthy lunch and only been drinking tonic water. Which did help quite a lot with the trapped air, thanks Meg.

Period has now started but even that hasn't made me feel any better. I've been really irritiable on and off over the last few days, which is so unlike me. Think I might just go and sit under my desk!!!

Anyway hope you are all ok

Jules

Laurie28
23-08-04, 12:05
Hiya Jules,

I'm sorry you are still feeling so bad. Can you speak to a HSE person at work and even ask them to remove the light from above your head??

Hopefully when your period is finished you will start to feel a bit better. From what I can see you are doing all the right things but do yu ever just do nothing? ie sit in front of telly for a couple of hours??

Keep us updated

Thinking of you
Lucky

tara
23-08-04, 16:20
hi jules, just reading through your last few posts and when you said your getting migrains, tingling, pins and needles that was exactly that same symptoms as i got when i found out i was anemic, Even if you don't want to go to the doctors for tests, theres no harm in taking folic acid and see if the symptoms ease off, i can honestly say that what your experiencing aches, pains, head aches, pins and needles, dizzy, I had all of these and i really didn't think it would be anemia. Tara xxx

Caz Fab Pants
23-08-04, 20:39
Tara - I was about to suggest the very same thing. If your iron levels are low it could be adding to the effects of stress/anxiety and producing all these different symptoms.

The other thing I wondered was whether you have low blood pressure as that can make you feel faint, dizzy and nauseous.

Also I think I'm right in saying the pins and needles are from under/shallow breathing (Meg??) But I've never heard of it lasting so long.

Might be worth popping in to see your doctor to discuss things.

x

Jules31
24-08-04, 11:42
thanks everyone

I'm feeling a little better today. I did try to veg a little last night Lucky, but didn't manage much. I did sleep quite heavily though so that's a good thing

I'm taking multi vitamins with iron and so am hoping that will help. I was anaemic last year but didn't really feel like this. My folic acid levels were checked and they were fine. I know things can change so will go to dr if I don't feel any better. I'm trying not to keep running to him though. Cos I know if he tests my blood it will just send my anxiety spiralling again,as I wait for the results. Anyway I can't get into the dr this week and next week I will be so busy at work that I doubt I will have time.

Last night my muscles were killing me again, it was like they all spasmed at once.

I'm looking forward to the Bank hol though, oh the thought of four days off. Even if one of them will be spent wedding dress shopping, yikes.

Jules

Caz, I know shallow breathing causes tingling etc but don't think I was doing that, well not for that long anyway and I've never had the numb fingers before.

Laurie28
24-08-04, 11:47
Just a thought Jules, how often do you get migraines? could alot of this be connected - I know in my migraines i get 'numb' and although you would know if you had a migraine - could it be a mini one

I could be way off the mark as i have no medical knowledge at all!!!.....

Lucky

tara
24-08-04, 20:14
Hi Jules I really do hope that the multi vitamins do the job, it would be really nice if they did. Tara xx

Caz Fab Pants
24-08-04, 20:55
Jules,

Wish there was an easy (and cureable) answer to your problems but sadly I suspect they could all be anxiety/stress related. In a lot of ways thats a good thing because it means you dont have anything serious. On the other hand its hard to know what to tackle first as everything seems to be connected.

Use your long weekend wisely and spoil yourself with long lie in's and plenty of shop therapy to temporarily switch you off to the important things in life. lol :) Nothing bothers me when I'm in Next choosing clothes and shoes.

Hope things improve.

Caroline
x

jo-jo
25-08-04, 09:02
Hi Jules

Hope you're feeling a little better today - that long weekend is only just around the corner now and hopefully it will do you the world of good to have some time just for you.

Take care hon, love Jo xx

Jules31
25-08-04, 10:49
I am so looking forward to my time off, though already have things planned for tomorrow and friday. Dave is working the rest of the time so I should get to chill. Have conned mum into doing me a Sunday roast too, so that will be nice.

Today I'm really tired and achey again. Also completely lacking in motivation but only a few hours to go.

Going to check whether my counsellor is out of hospital yet so at least I can see her tomorrow.

Caz, I will be doing retail therapy tomorrow, looking for my wedding dress but not sure that is the kind that is required.

Jules

Meg
25-08-04, 15:26
Try to pop into Ricocco in Melbourne and Joy and Sheila will look after you well .

Have fun

Meg

Jules31
25-08-04, 15:41
Thanks for that Meg

I've made arrangements to look at a couple of places in Nottm. Had forgotten you had mentioned Melbourne. I'm not planning to come away with anything necessarily so will hopefully get chance to pop over there too at some point. Thanks though, wish my brain wasn't so quite like a sieve

And I'm going friday not tomorrow

Jules

Jules

Jules31
31-08-04, 12:26
Hi everyone.

I'm struggling quite a bit today and have been up and down all weekend again. I've started to get some of the left sided heaviness and achiness again, which I hadn't had for months. It's from my head down to my foot and it varies in insensity. I feel pretty giddy and off balance too and have lots of head pressure. Still getting lots of aching too.

Wedding dress shopping went ok. I felt dreadful whilst I was walking round but not too bad whilst I was concentrating on trying things on., in fact I quite got into things by mid morning.

Friday night we had friends over so I was a bit worried about how I would feel but I managed to get through things. Though a few drinks at the local beer festival helped.

Then I was on my own nearly the rest of the weekend. Dave was at work and I felt really off and blue.

Just now I went into a presentation and had to sit on a desk cos I felt really dizzy and off balance whilst I was there. My head is throbbing too. I thought I was over this sort of behaviour but now just don't know.

anyway hope everyone had a good bank hol

Jules