PDA

View Full Version : I think I developed a lazy eye?

owls
27-08-14, 05:12
I know this isn't just my anxiety because when I look in the mirror sometimes, my right eye is really close to my nose and more recently, I can see it in photos. I never had a lazy eye as a child and I don't think you can 'develop' a lazy eye so i'm kind worried what it could be. I don't care if I DO have a lazy, I just want to know that everything is okay and nothing is wrong or something happened to a muscle or something. Does anyone know what this could be?

venusbluejeans
27-08-14, 09:46
if you are worried go visit the opticians

meche
27-08-14, 12:18
It doesn't sound like a lazy eye. Do you have issues with your vision? It's very unusual for adults to develop a lazy eye. The damage is usually always done in early childhood. I started having issues with my right eye when I was 7 and although they tried to remedy it, it was too late - the damage was already done. I've lived with partial vision in my right eye since. To look at me you would never know but when photos are taken & at certain angles, my right eye looks slightly larger & a bit vacant - I guess because it doesn't focus as well as the other.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your eye but if you have noticed changes then an optician is the only person who can advise you. Good luck. xx