PDA

View Full Version : Scared to eat

Shammy
27-08-14, 13:31
I am currently on Ensure weight gain/nutrition drinks because my emt is making me too scared to eat

I fear that something I eat will upset me stomach ect

I seem to stick to eating just crackers, plain rice and pasta but I am losing weight doing this and its not sensible

I dont kiss/touch my partner too much in case he has germs brought in from work.

I even ask him what his bowel movements are like every day (ridiculous I know!)

Anyone else do anything like this because of emet?

Oncemorewithfeeling
31-08-14, 13:05
I try to find enjoyment in food. I started watching Food Network which would make me hungry, especially for meat and dishes with a lot of flavour and spices. Getting excited about tasting food really helps me to keep weight on. I know that if I prepare the food from scratch by myself that it won't upset my stomach, maybe a cookery class would build your confidence?

Sunflower2
01-09-14, 09:52
I get this to a lesser extent. I get paranoid about everything I eat completely even if there's no rational reason for not eating something. It tends to flare up when I'm struggling with something else in my life - different stresses etc.
The way I deal with it (or try to) is add a bit more variety of safe foods to build up confidence again and then slowly it gets easier.