PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced but walking normally?!

Chlobo
27-08-14, 17:10
I feel off balance, lightheaded and weird this all started about 4 weeks ago when I messed up my medication, I was given Sertraline 50mg but didn't wean myself off my pervious tablets before taking it so had awful side effects. I stopped it cold turkey after 2 weeks and went back onto my previous tablet Citalopram 40mg which I was getting effects from as well. I had loads of weird symptoms and felt really ill. Well most of them have passed but I'm left with this off balance/dizzy lightheaded feeling. When I walk I feel like I'm all over the place but if I ask someone I'm walking fine. I'm so scared :,(
I have a doctors appointment next Monday but I'm really getting frightened about what this could be. Surely this can't still be the effect of me messing my medication! All this only started after I messed it up :(does anyone have any ideas please?

Weeby56
28-08-14, 17:29
Hi, first time on here! I have been taking sertraline for 7-8 months now and they did work initially but side effects took over. I have exactly the symptoms of lightheaded ness, dizzy, confused, shaky on the inside, the list is endless! I work full time and to the outside world I seem completely carefree! I am weaning off the sertraline and going back on citalopram which worked really well for me for many years. Can't wait to feel more 'normal' again!

Leslie735
29-08-14, 15:47
I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. Mine wasn't from taking medication but from a sinus infection. The dizziness lasted just over 2 weeks and that was taking antibiotics and steroids as well. I hope you feel better!