PDA

View Full Version : Doctor's Appointment today-scared witless!

Mark801
27-08-14, 17:39
So today my mom and I are due for our blood/urine results after about two weeks.

My stomach feels like its folding in and I feel like I can't breathe. I'm terrified something will be wrong with my results. Has anyone ever had this fear??:weep:

littleblonde2005
27-08-14, 18:19
Yes more or less every dr appointment I have ever had I feel like this and each time I have come away fine. Try and keep yourself busy till it's time to go. Think at least your getting results. Good luck

Mark801
27-08-14, 22:36
Thank you for your reply, just got back and everything is good, thanks! :)

Mark801
27-08-14, 22:39
So I just got back and she told me that everything is fine and that the only slight problem is that my Vit D is a bit low.

She said it's not dangerously low but for a male aged 24, it should be higher than what it is.

I freaked for a minute because i thought it meant something bad but she said it happens to a lot of people in all age groups. Anyone has anything similar?

Thanks for all your support, it's been very helpful.

nomorepanic
27-08-14, 23:02
I will merge this with your other post to keep continuity

swanick15
28-08-14, 05:30
its normal to feel nervous when waiting to see the doctor. My heart rate and blood pressure always increase significantly its called white coat hypertension. It even causes anomalies with BP readings as it causes a false positive reading sometimes

blueangel
28-08-14, 10:34
If it helps, the scientific evidence is that Vitamin D deficiency is one of the commonest. The easiest way to get Vitamin D is to make sure you get outside for at least 10 minutes every day. Not sure which part of the US you're in, but if you're in the north, your exposure to daylight will be lower in the winter months and you might then need to top up by taking supplements or eating foods rich in Vitamin D.