PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety induced nausea

Izzie2494
27-08-14, 18:13
Currently away from home, been very anxious the whole time and have felt sick for most days, today being one of the worst. Anyone have any tips as to how to get rid of this feeling? It's really ruining my holiday I feel rotten :(

vicky23
28-08-14, 10:13
poor thing, nausea is horrid I get it a lot too.

Ginger- a little of the root (bout a cm cubed) sliced then boiling water poured over, peppermint essential oil sniffed- or a peppermint sweet sucked, nibbling on dry crackers, a sip of bubbly pop if it's the kind of nausea that makes you feel you need to burp, and of course the easier said that done option of distraction! Try to find whatever you can that will take your mind off it even for a little while.

mark84
28-08-14, 11:13
oh god I'm just the same, nausea is so terrible, and all people want to do is go for meals and stuff! I'd love to hear any more suggestions.

Oncemorewithfeeling
31-08-14, 13:01
Mint and ginger (as said above) are really good for settling your stomach. Even if it's just a hard sweet, it can be a little soothing. I find that sometimes I don't realise I'm getting a bit hot or a bit cold because I'm feeling sick, usually a cup of tea or an ice cream settle me. A latte with a lot of ginger in always sorts my stomach out.

Another trick I use is a cold, damp flannel laid out over my stomach. It confuses the nerve signals and helps me a lot (also with cramps!).

You can buy Motillium over the counter, I originally was prescribed it for my gluten intolerance but find that it works really well for anxiety induced nausea too (not for regular use, but is great for emergencies where you feel like you might actually be sick or special occasions).