PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety attacks

Pinguanxious
28-08-14, 06:08
Hi I'm new here,

I wake up every morning between 4 on a bad day and half 5 on a good day with panic attacks.
I've been on an increased dose of citalopram for 2 weeks but as a whole been on it for 6, do the mornings get easier? Is there a way to get back to no anxiety in the mornings, I used to love sleeping in on my days off and I'm going on holiday Saturday. I'm better once I go about my day but sick of waking up like this

trish1955
28-08-14, 10:09
I am on sertalin this is my fourth week I been building my dose up. Started at 12.5 then 25 now at 37.5 next week will be the full 50 I did this as could not face side effects that seem to be worse the high I go dreading next week but like you ibam waking up at silly times dry mouth and panicky really not coping t all today.yesterday I kept for forgetting wat i was saying so that made me anxiuose xxx

kiwilaura
28-08-14, 13:45
The mornings do definitely get better....I found they did after about 6 weeks....I am now able to lie in sometimes although I do still sometimes feel I need to get up ....not so much feeling anxious...more that I have too much energy to be lieing in....I used to have the early waking and my gp gave me sleeping tablets for 3 days and after I took them I was back into my normal sleep pattern and haven't needed to take them again

Pinguanxious
28-08-14, 14:30
What sleeping tablets did he give you? Also do you think 2 weeks is to soon to feel full effects of an increased dose? I know that It takes 6-8 weeks but is this also true for dose increases?

kiwilaura
28-08-14, 21:35
The tablets were zopiclone....I increased my dose and I would say after 3 weeks I felt quite a bit better ...the dosage increased worked quicker than the initial dose did...it's now been 11 weeks today since I started on sertraline (7 on increased dose) and I am 95% back to normal...I try not to let myself get too tired as I notice my anxiety can increase a bit when I am tired.....hang in there it does get so much better

Pinguanxious
28-08-14, 22:09
Thank you so much, I do find that I can cope during the day even with intrusive thoughts but the mornings kill me, wake up flooded with adrenaline and heart pounding! I do just want my sleep back and I really think that it will help me recover fully!! Something as little as a lay in can be such a morale boost