PDA

View Full Version : Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

lb76696
28-08-14, 14:17
I used to experience hear palpitations a lot over a year ago. They have recently come back but are worryingly accompanied by chest pain and shortness of breath upon exercise. I've had ECG's, blood tests and a chest x-Ray. My echocardiogram referral is going to take several months because my doctors are rubbish.
I'm scared of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy though. I have all the presenting symptoms. Is anyone else worried about this?

nomorepanic
28-08-14, 14:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Fishmanpa
28-08-14, 16:17
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (somone has been talking to Dr. Google ;) ) is a relatively rare condition and being that previous testing has ruled out anything of the sort, I would imagine the echo will do the same and it comes down to anxiety of which all your symptoms fit, not to mention you're posting on an anxiety forum. Treat the real problem and you treat the symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Aaahhfreakout
28-08-14, 22:50
Those are a lot of conditions with those symptoms. Have you had an exercise stress test?

Fishmanpa
28-08-14, 23:51
Those are a lot of conditions with those symptoms. Have you had an exercise stress test?

Yes. Being that I have heart disease, I've had several stress tests. The last was back in February but it was a nuclear stress test when they injected a drug that simulated exercise and raised my beats per minute. Felt strange but all was well.

Positive thoughts