PDA

View Full Version : crazybrain's intro

crazybrain
28-08-14, 15:53
Hello, I've been practicing mindfulness for about two years now. It started when I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. That’s when I was first introduced to mindfulness during my DBT sessions. I find it has generally changed my mindset and I’m looking for people who are also working with mindfulness. Most of my problem behaviors come in out in the form of substance abuse or panic. I've also been conditioned to pace round when I'm really stress. Mindfulness has really helped with this issue.

crazybrain
28-08-14, 16:32
Well, I also have an issue being alone. I have been doing an exposure with 30 mins sitting doing nothing in an empty house and being mindful of the feelings that come up. I have to note and then let go of my worry, self-hate and shame feelings as they come to me. I also feel that being mindful at work (used to be a huge trigger for me). Is to only focus on one thing at a time and try not to get overwhelmed.

Really I feel that my DBT sessions for my BPD have really helped the most. That and upping my medication of Cipralex to 20mg’s over 10.

Ruby13
28-08-14, 19:09
Can you explain what "mindfulness" is please? I hope it can help me too.

crazybrain
29-08-14, 14:01
Can you explain what "mindfulness" is please? I hope it can help me too.

I sure can try. I've herd mindfulness described as standing behind a waterfall. the water falling down is your emotions. With mindfulness you have the ability to notice your emotions passing over you but not consuming you.

Example is if something makes you mad and you realize it makes you mad. You don't judge it and you don't become enraged.

The idea with mindfulness is that you can do that with all emotions and when you notice things come up and they don't take you over you can change how you do things in your life.

I hope that helps.

Ruby13
08-09-14, 19:15
I sure can try. I've herd mindfulness described as standing behind a waterfall. the water falling down is your emotions. With mindfulness you have the ability to notice your emotions passing over you but not consuming you.

Example is if something makes you mad and you realize it makes you mad. You don't judge it and you don't become enraged.

The idea with mindfulness is that you can do that with all emotions and when you notice things come up and they don't take you over you can change how you do things in your life.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, that explains it perfectly