PDA

View Full Version : Nausea after eating?

RaverNeko
28-08-14, 17:58
I'm curious if anybody's dealt with this before. It seems to happen a couple of minutes after I eat some food or drink something. It's usually a mild/moderate nausea, where it causes a little bit of discomfort. I haven't thrown up from it though, which is a good thing I suppose. The nausea usually dissipates after a couple of hours. I remember getting this a couple of weeks ago and it went away after three to four days.

My mother told me that she gets this as well, and she also has IBS. I'm curious if maybe I have that to, or maybe some kind of indigestion. What do you guys think?

Annie0904
28-08-14, 21:38
This happens to me and I have ibs. Try to notice if certain food make it worse than others.

RaverNeko
11-09-14, 03:32
I apologize for my delayed reply on this thread, and I figured I'd post an update so people don't think something bad happened! Two weeks ago I went to the doctor and asked them about this. They said I had GERD and gave me some Omeprazole to help it. It's been helping quite a bit!

Stickbait
11-09-14, 04:06
Hi, I have had this too. I am also taking omeprazole but unsure if it's working yet or not or if the anxiety is overriding it. I also have acid reflux quite bad whether I eat or not. Happy that it is making you fee better :)

RaverNeko
11-09-14, 04:24
Omeprazole, at least for me, seems like it works great one day and doesn't work so well the other. It takes several days for Omeprazole to come into full effect! Usually an OTC antacid pill (in my case, the active ingredient is called Ranitidine) helps alleviate the nausea a bit, so maybe try that in addition to the Omeprazole you're taking! :)

julieG
06-12-14, 13:20
I also feel sick. A lot. The doc told me I have excess acid and reflux. I hate it. It scares me and makes me sooooo miserable.