PDA

View Full Version : good dtreak BUT

JulieJay92
28-08-14, 18:15
now my head is bits as a BFF age 27 had a heart attack.

now all my heart fears have come back

it is 38+ here every day at moment but i have unusual chest pains since last friday

bp normal pulse 67 and have bad indigestion

i should say i am able to do my normal day to days things tho

so kind of hoping for coping skills to keep my anxiety down

anthrokid
30-08-14, 00:13
I am sorry to hear about your friend, it is very unfortunate :(

It is normal to feel some anxiety when something awful has happened to someone close to us. It makes the possibilities of illness seem more real. However, it is still relatively uncommon for someone young to have a heart attack. If you are able to do your normal everyday things and your pulse rate is normal, I wouldn't be concerned about your heart. Just make sure you keep yourself hydrated during the hot weather and try not to strain yourself too much.

In terms of coping skills for anxiety, it is really good to try and breathe slowly. Take a deep breath in for 5 seconds, hold, and then breathe out slowly for 5 seconds. Do this for a few minutes and it may help you to relax. It is more difficult for your body to be tense and anxious if you are breathing slowly and calmly. Another good strategy is to try and make your negative thoughts positive. This can be difficult, but it gets easier with practice. A lot of the time, we get automatic negative thoughts instead of automatic positive ones. When you have a negative thought about your heart, try to turn it into a positive thought. For example, a negative thought might be "I am going to have a heart attack". A positive thought instead would be "I am young, young people are less likely to have a heart attack. My heart is healthy and strong". You could also go to see your doctor and ask for some extra support in coping with anxiety :)

Just keep working on your coping skills for the anxiety. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Catherine S
30-08-14, 00:53
So sorry to hear about your friend...that's very young for somebody to have a heart attack, especially a female in her reproductive years, as it's known that oestrogen normally protects women up to the menopause. Did your friend have an underlying heart condition or was she taking any drugs that could have contributed to this?

ISB x

JulieJay92
30-08-14, 14:41
So sorry to hear about your friend...that's very young for somebody to have a heart attack, especially a female in her reproductive years, as it's known that oestrogen normally protects women up to the menopause. Did your friend have an underlying heart condition or was she taking any drugs that could have contributed to this?

ISB x

no underlying factor BUT he is a male. not female

and anthro thanks for those pointers have tried them today and so far so good