PDA

View Full Version : Another new one....

Flimzirake
28-08-14, 20:24
Hello,

New to this forum lark but sadly not ha.

Always worried about my health but losing my dad to the big c on nye 2006 was the start of the worst of it.

Tried a few things but not really getting anywhere. Hopefully I can work my way around this as have symptoms.... Again.... And struggling to occupy my mind with little else.

To put some context around things, I am a 33 year old female, highly stressful part time worker (well 35hrs a week part time) with two little boys one just turned 4 and the other about to turn 3. Supportive husband but suffers mildly himself.

Look forward to the potential for support and help to each other.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Ps: should say highly stressful job!!! And part time worker!!

Ruby13
29-08-14, 10:58
Hello Flimzirake, welcome to this friendly group.

I empathise with your situation as I also started with anxiety/panic attacks after my dad died suddenly in 1992 and had a dreadful time. The symptoms did ease but it took a long time. I have recently started with the symptoms again and went to the GP for help. I attended a 6 week stress counselling session and also got medication to help me through the bad days.

Have you talked to,your GP? Maybe he could help you too.

Flimzirake
03-09-14, 00:01
Thanks Ruby13.

I go through fits and starts. Strangely, I was adamant kids would change me.... Now I worry about them and what would happen if anything happened to us so a double whammy.

Sorry to hear you are Ina bad patch. They are the worst. Are you UK based?

I was given a website by my GP to look at (Australian site and covers every mental health issue so not helpful) and CBT. Attended the first session and was given a questionnaire.... I could have guessed which MHealth problem I would be diagnosed with based on the silly questions! She then said she could see me mon-fri 9-5, without kids.... I work and have my kids with me on my rest days so no good. She the said we could do it over the phone after a few sessions. Clearly no understanding of the real world.

I just wish I was HA free. I feel I am wasting my life

Best wishes to you and do grateful for your response x

Baggs
06-09-14, 20:27
Welcome to NMP, I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

HalfJack
06-09-14, 20:35
I wouldn't call 35 hours a week part time! Well done, you can handle way more than me! I've had tons of help from here, good luck and :welcome: