PDA

View Full Version : Had a strange panic attack

Tommy94
29-08-14, 04:59
At least I think it was a panic attack, might have been a nervous breakdown or something else. Been suffering with anxiety for many years, with ups and downs, but I always manage. One possibly related but also possibly unrelated note, I had a scintillating scotoma(which I get every 6 months or so) the night before my attack which scared me greatly. The next day at work I went the whole day without a panic attack but I felt really on edge, like adrenaline was being pumped throughout my body which felt terrible. The next day I felt the same way and it was really getting to me, hat night I started to massively panic and began pacing around the house trying to calm myself down. I finally fell asleep and then waking up immediately into another even worse panic attack which was complete with shaking. I called my doctor and she said it may be due to low exercise and bad diet. After eating, going to the doctor to get my heart checked, and getting a little bit of exercise I felt better (although still light headed with some palpitations). What I cared about most was that the adrenaline feeling was gone. That initial panic occurred Sunday night, it is now Thursday night and I am still pre-occupied about it. I've never experienced any panic attack even close to that, I stayed home these past five days trying to rest but I still feel traumatized by it. My biggest fear is that it will come back. I am going to start some therapy to try to deal with my anxiety, but I am also considering getting a prescription of Xanax from my doctor and trying it. I am scared stiff of medicine but I don't ever wanna go through that ever again

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

Do u guys think I should try the xanax? I am reading rave reviews on its effectiveness elsewhere

Kaiserin
03-09-14, 20:09
Hello there,

I have been prescribed ,5mg Xanax to use for panic attacks, up to 3 pills daily, and so far it has done very little for me. I don't know if it's because I am a very big girl or if my body simply doesn't respond, but I will only feel minor effects about an hour after taking it (some tiredness), and end up having to work through the panic in some other way. I think it's worth trying though if you feel you need it, as for many people it helps immensely. It's really up to you, and best of luck whatever you do. :hugs: