PDA

View Full Version : worried ive got dvt

anx mum
29-08-14, 07:46
For about 2 weeks now ive had sharp stabbing constant pain in my left calf. Its slightly swollen but not red or warm. My blood test when I first had pain was normal. This pain has stopped me working I finding each day a struggle:weep:. Also for about a week had chest pain in the centre of my chest. My mind is thinking dvt/pe I am so worried and concerned

Brunette
29-08-14, 08:14
Yet another thread on this?

You're like a hamster on a wheel - and just like the hamster you can get off the wheel if you want to.

anx mum
29-08-14, 08:18
sorry brunette I am genuinely concerned I don't post on here for fun:shrug:

nomorepanic
29-08-14, 12:53
What do you want us to say Bev - let's start there?

anx mum
29-08-14, 15:46
just been to hospital was in agony couldn't sleep last night measured legs and said left one the bad one was bigger asked me to get into contact with my gp. Feeling really anx it would of been my mums bday today

nomorepanic
29-08-14, 15:48
Why didn't you contact the doctor before going to hospital? I thought you already had a diagnosis of sciatica?

Sending you thoughts over your mum

lisad1977
29-08-14, 18:12
hi anx mom I have sent u a private msg.

anx mum
29-08-14, 19:48
thank u lisa:hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
29-08-14, 19:57
Hi anx mum I hope your feeling better love ,maybe the fact it should be your mums birthday is making you feel worse its not surprising if you are positive thoughts coming your way xx :hugs:

anx mum
30-08-14, 08:55
Thanks for all your comments feeling very anx at mo. my hubby and son have gone out. My pains are there pain in calf and in chest im trying to keep busy.

lisad1977
30-08-14, 10:05
I have the chest pain again aswell today. haven't had fag since 5.30 pm yesterday.

Cags48
30-08-14, 10:05
I've had a dvt in my leg it was extremely pain it swelled up huge was bright red and shiny and my blood pressure was so high I was seeing star I couldn't possibly have been typing on my computer , x

karlwirral
30-08-14, 18:32
Ive had a DVT which went into a PE. I had a plaster on my leg due to a bad ankle break.

The pain in my leg was severe. I put it down to the broken ankle and left it until i woke up with stabbing pains in my back when i breathed in one night. Straight to hospital and kept in for 4 days. 6 month course of warfarin and im fine now.

This is a very rare thing to happen to a normal active person who can walk around. If the doctor was concerned then he would of sent you for a scan.

Brunette
30-08-14, 18:37
For someone who fears DVT and has anxiety, smoking is one thing you could well do with giving up - it certainly won't help with either!

anx mum
31-08-14, 10:24
My gp is back tomorrow hope she helps really have had enough, wanna go back to work but scared cos of calf/thigh pain and chest pain.

venusbluejeans
31-08-14, 14:09
Bev you need to listen to people who tell you what the pain of a DVT really is like, they wouldn't be typing on NMP when they had it!

You seem to ignore anyone who tries to help you.

didn't you have a diagnosis of sciatica??

anx mum
31-08-14, 14:49
Im concerned cos at this moment I have swollen calf and chest pains im in tears I don't know what to do? My hubby coming to doc with me tomorrow gonna ask for a repeated bloodtest as its been nearly 3 weeks. I don't ignore people I do listen just really struggling at mo

Cags48
31-08-14, 15:08
Honestly you would not have had a dvt for 3 weeks and be going to the docs tomorrow Hun you would have already been in hospital and be on warfarin or heparin injections , maybe you have a pulled tendon or swollen calf muscle to put you mind at rest ask doc will he send you for a venogram

Fishmanpa
31-08-14, 16:58
I have the chest pain again aswell today. haven't had fag since 5.30 pm yesterday.

Smoking and anxiety, especially a case as severe as you're dealing with makes absolutely no sense :huh:

If you continue to smoke, you WILL have real health issues. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or a year from now but it WILL affect your health in a negative way. If you take one thing out of all the help people are throwing your way, take this advice. I'm living proof that it's bad for you!

Positive thoughts

Brunette
31-08-14, 20:02
Im concerned cos at this moment I have swollen calf and chest pains im in tears I don't know what to do? My hubby coming to doc with me tomorrow gonna ask for a repeated bloodtest as its been nearly 3 weeks. I don't ignore people I do listen just really struggling at mo

Didn't you have a blood test a few weeks ago? If it wasn't DVT then, or way back last year when you had all the same symptoms (and all the same tests), it isn't now.

If you were living in the US and had to pay for all your tests I bet you wouldn't be so quick to keep running to the doctor.

xBettyBoopx
01-09-14, 02:27
It would be easy for me to ignore your posts or not be kind to you as you have ignored my posts and questions on another of your threads and also you've ignored a personal email I sent you......but I do understand how frightened you are.

I have no answers for you as I don't know what a dvt is neither do I want to know as I don't wanna get it:wacko::winks:

Giving up smoking made my anxiety a lot better unfortunately it gave me severe depression.......if it ain't one thing, it's another!!

I wish last time you felt a lot better that you had come back now and again to see if you could help anyone else instead of disappearing.

I hope you get it all sorted Bev, take care.

Els

anx mum
01-09-14, 12:23
No offence brunette but things can change from years ago. For your information have paid private here in the uk. Wouldn't want to live in America esp when there people like u. In the uk we do have an nhs system but I have paid private many time throughout my life

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

It would be easy for me to ignore your posts or not be kind to you as you have ignored my posts and questions on another of your threads and also you've ignored a personal email I sent you......but I do understand how frightened you are.

I have no answers for you as I don't know what a dvt is neither do I want to know as I don't wanna get it:wacko::winks:

Giving up smoking made my anxiety a lot better unfortunately it gave me severe depression.......if it ain't one thing, it's another!!

I wish last time you felt a lot better that you had come back now and again to see if you could help anyone else instead of disappearing.

I hope you get it all sorted Bev, take care.

Els

sorry els haven't been ignoring u just haven't checked my emails for a while. Things are bad again getting some help at last. Do try and answer peoples questions which I can relate too. I hope your keeping well?

Brunette
01-09-14, 12:49
I don't live in the USA - I live in the UK and I don't like people abusing the NHS.

I'm afraid that's what you are doing if you keep insisting on repeat tests that you don't need.

If you were pursuing every avenue to rid yourself of HA I would have every sympathy but you seem to be focussing all your energies in getting a diagnosis of something you don't have.

Cags48
03-09-14, 12:17
Hi I'm not a doctor Hun so can only give you the experience I had when I had a DVT it's not something that goes on for ages your blood pressure would be the indication as the doctor taken your blood pressure ? Have you had a Venogram done ?